25

TWENTY FIVE

"i told you i'm fine! stop being such a pest!" he shouted and flung his right hand

"i told you i'm fine! stop being such a pest!" he shouted and flung his right hand. it made the teacup spilt the hot tea that yujin just brewed.

"you had a seizure at work. you're not fine." yujin narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"i'm fine. don't you have the mt thingy today? just go." yejun refuted.

yujin wiped the table using tissues, "it's fine. i didn't want to go anyways."

"lies." he muttered under his breath.

"what?" yujin asked nonchalantly, still wiping. hoping that it won't leave a stain on the tablecloth.

"i said i'm fine!" yejun picked up the teacup and threw it to yujin's direction. luckily the girl doged making the teacup hit the wall and break into pieces. shreds of it laid on the floor. along with the silence of shock.

yejun glanced at yujin. her eyes were wide and she was trembling. 'oh god, she's terrified.'

"i-i'm sorry yujin. i didn't mean to." he stuttered, the image of her just now crossed through his mind vividly. he shut his eyes and shouted.

"i just don't want to hold anyone back anymore!" he was shaking too, "i know dad left because my seizures are gross and mom became a workaholic because she couldn't stand me. we only see her once a year and that's my fault.." his voice trailed on, it was quivering as he continued. "and now i'm holding you back too."

"i knew you were looking forward to it." he said apologetically.

any other time, yujin would hug him. hug him tight enough until he would stop shaking. she would repeat again and again that it was not his fault but not today.

not after he threw the teacup that triggered one of her traumas.

"excuse me." yujin looked down and walked softly to her room.

she looked down, her hair falling forward. hiding half of her face but the tears that streamed down was visible to yejun.

"i'm sorry yujin."