44

FOURTY FOUR

when yujin came back to jaemin who was scrolling through instagram on the sofa, she was packing her belongings in panic

"hey hey what's wrong?" jaemin stood up quickly and held her arm softly.

"i have to go," the girl was close to bursting to tears, yejun told her he was sleeping over someone's else tonight so she thought it would be okay to spend some time with jaemin. but she was wrong.

"this is bad," the girl repeatedly said, "i should have been there for him. i was wrong."

jaemin finally got the gist of it. this was definitely something that has been bothering yujin. why she would flinch upon sudden skin contact and why she was always anxious.

"where to? i'll send you." jaemin ran to his room to put a leather jacket over his tshirt. he grabbed his keys and held the door open for yujin, "let's go."

the girl was wearing her black boots and placed her hand on jaemin's chest for balance also to prevent him from following for later on, "i'm fine by myself. you stay here."

"no. that's final. you're in a hurry right? let's go." he already walked out first while holding the door for her from the outside.

yujin was still contemplating but then again jaemin was right. she was in a rush.

jaemin placed the helmet on for yujin, he nodded at her for assurance, "where to?"

〜〜〜☆☆☆〜〜〜

jaemin ran into the lobby after yujin. they dodge around people in the hallway until they reach the check-in desk of the very crowded emergency room.

"i'm here for ahn yejun." it came out impatiently.

the old nurse checks her database, "it's the room at the end of the hallway, honey." she stood up and leaned forward over the counter to point at it.

yujin nodded gratefully and ran for the room. she left in hurry without even saying anything to jaemin. he wondered if it would be rude to run after her and barge into someone's hospital room.

so na jaemin waited. 1 hour passed, 2 hours and he fell asleep by the waiting area.