Breaking Down Walls and Breaking My Wrist

A/n-Okay, so I officially start school in the morning. Yay. Enjoy this update, it may be the last one for a little while. I'll update as soon as the next chapter is ready.

Last Chapter-

I was about to head down the stairs too when I heard someone call after me, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

I didn't recognize the voice at first, but when I turned around, I saw Logan looking back at me.

Great. Just great.

Now-

I tried not to freak out. Chase had learned his lesson yesterday, right? And Logan was there too, I mean he was Chase's friend, he would probably leave me alone.

'Except I don't have Marcus with me,' I thought to myself before responding to Logan, "Look, I'm just looking for a friend. I was just about to leave anyways."

"Where's your bodyguard?" Logan jeered. "Taking a vacation day? Or is he taking a sick day from being around you so long?"

I sighed and turned to leave. "Whatever Logan. Just go away."

Logan grabbed me by my still injured wrist and pulled me towards him. My head banged against his, but Logan didn't seem to notice. "Who said you could tell me what to do?"

"Let go of my wrist," I replied, hissing in pain. "You're going to break it you know?"

"Oh really?" Logan said, a gleam in his eyes that I did not like at all.

He went to break my wrist, but I wasn't completely clueless and my mom, being a cop, had taught me a few things for situations like this. Instead of letting him break my wrist, I used my hand to grab him and twist his arm behind his back to get him to let go of me. (A/n-still can't write fight scenes XD)

Not only did I hear a satisfying pop from Logan's shoulder as it was probably dislocated, I heard a snap come from my own wrist. Great. Looks like I was going to have to tell my parents about this. That was going to be a fun conversation. At least Logan had let go of my wrist and wasn't currently paying attention to me.

Not wanting to miss the bus for a second day in a row, I ran to the bus loop, making it just as the last several students were boarding the bus. I quickly spotted Hattie in our usual spot and sat down next to her.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Hattie asked. "Did you get lost on your way down?"

I rolled my eyes. "No Hattie, I didn't get lost. I'm perfectly fine."

"Okay," Hattie said, taking out her phone. "Hey, do you wanna hang out this afternoon? It's our last afternoon before the dance."

"I really need to find an outfit to wear," I realized. "If you want, you can come home with me and help me find an outfit."

"Do you actually own any dresses?"

"Do I have to wear a dress?"

"I'm wearing a dress," Hattie said. "So you are too."

"Fine," I groaned. "Remind me why I'm doing this?"

"You don't know how to say no."

"Yes I do," I protested. "I just don't like to."

"Uh huh," Hattie replied, but she didn't push it any further.

It was pretty quiet for the rest of the bus ride. My wrist hurt, but since it was almost definitely broken by this point, I wasn't surprised. I really wish I had some ice.

We were walking home and Hattie was talking about something, I don't even know what. My wrist hurt like hell and every time it brushed up against my leg it stung even more. I was having so much trouble focus on anything, I almost walked right past my house.

"Um, Paige?" Hattie asked, looking at me concerned. "Isn't this your house?"

I looked up in surprise. "Oh. Yeah. Yeah, let me get my key out."

I struggled to fish my keys out of my pocket with my left hand, since I didn't even want to know what would happen if I moved my broken wrist. I ended up dropping them on the stairs leading to my front door. I softly cursed and bent down to pick them up.

"Paige, are you okay?" Hattie asked, grabbing my keys and handing them to me. "You're starting to scare me."

I gave her a tight smile, internally screaming with pain. "I'm fine."

"You sure?" Hattie asked as I unlocked the door. "Cause you don't seem fine."

"Paige!" Joshua called, racing towards me. "I need help with my homework again."

The room started spinning. I needed to sit down. I stumbled over towards the dining room table and collapsed in one of the chairs. I used my left hand to massage my temple in a vain attempt to get everything to stop spinning.

"Paige, are you okay?" Joshua asked, his voice sounding like he was yelling in my ear. God, why did my head hurt so much? I didn't think I hit it, did I? "Sis, are you okay? Sis, please!"

"Paige, what's going on, talk to us? Paige? Paige!" Hattie called out to me, but I couldn't focus. "Paige! Talk to me. Joshua, talk my phone, go ahead and dial 911. Stay with me Paige. Focus."

My wrist hurt and my head was pounding. My eyes started to droop shut. A nap. Yeah. That sounded like a good idea. I'd just take a short nap and then I'd go get some ice...

A/n-Okay, so, I've never actually broken anything, so I don't know if this would happen, but for the sake of this story, it happens to Paige. Again, I'll have the next update out as soon as I finish it. Thanks for reading.