I Take a Walk in My Shoes. I'm Not Wearing Your Shoes

A/n-I read the comments on my last chapter, and some of my previous chapters, and I'm so overwhelmed by the support. This really means a lot to me and I can't thank you all enough. I'm sorry it took so long to get you guys another chapter, but here it is. So, without further ado...

For a while, the duct tape worked. Marcus was quiet. And then he took the tape off. Oh well. I guess nothing good lasts forever.

"So, why are you carrying duct tape with you?" Marcus asked, rolling the tape into a ball and stuffing it in his pocket. "Do you just keep that with you for instances like this, or..."

I smiled. "I actually was saving it for Alice."

"Alice," Marcus said slowly, his face slightly scrunched up as he thought about that name. "Isn't she one of your friends? The red faced one?"

I burst out laughing. "Yeah, the red faced one. Oh my god, I can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her that!"

"I don't get why she stutters around me," Marcus stated. "Is she mad at me or something?"

"Y-you think she's mad at you?" I choked out between laughs. "S-seriously?"

"What?" Marcus asked holding his hands up in surrender. "Is it really that obvious she hates me?"

I tried to answer him, but instead I just doubled over laughing.

"What? Why are you laughing?" Marcus asked, resting one of his hands on my back as I tried to get control of my breathing. "Oh come on, don't I deserve a little more respect?" 

"S-sorry," I gasped. "B-but, you don't seriously think that..."

I broke down laughing again. Marcus rolled his eyes and started muttering under his breath. "You know, it'd be really nice if you'd explain why you're about to pass out from laughing."

"She likes you!" I finally told him once I'd caught my breath. Then I realized what I'd just done. "Wait, forget what I just said, you can not let Alice know I told you that."

Marcus seemed to be frozen. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Um, hello? Earth to Marcus? You okay?"

"S-she l-likes me?" he stuttered. "R-really?"

"Well, yeah," I confirmed. "She thinks you're the greatest person on the planet, probably the whole universe. She talks about you constantly and keeps whining that you're never going to ask her to the dance."

Marcus looked down at the sidewalk. He softly whispered, "Really?"

"Yeah," I nodded. Marcus continued to stare at the sidewalk. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Marcus blinked and shot me a reassuring grin. "Yeah, I'm amazing. So, this dance is really important to Alice, huh?"

I shrugged. "Alice is a really energetic, out-going, fun-loving person. She loves events like this."

"I'm guessing you don't," Marcus said as we continued walking.

I shook my head. "I'm a mess when it comes to social events. I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to talking to people I don't know and I never really know what to do or wear. I hate wearing dresses and dancing and all those stupid party games that people normally play."

"Then why are you going?"

"Alice wants me to. But if anyone asks me to play Truth or Dare or Spin the Bottle, I'm leaving."

"Well, this is a school dance. There probably won't be any 'stupid party games'," Marcus said, using his hands to put quotation marks around 'stupid party games'.

"What's with the quotation marks?" I asked. "You don't actually think they're fun do you?"

Marcus grinned. "I've never really gotten to play games like that with a large group of people. Or a group of people in general. I think it'd be fun to try it out."

I rolled my eyes and snorted. "Yeah, sure. Until you're forced to answer a personal question or do something really stupid because of a dare."

"You could always lie, or back out."

"Then why play the game? Also, backing out is never an option. The other people playing the game will tease you relentlessly until you do the dare."

"Huh. I still would like to play one of those games."

"Then you're an idiot."

I was so absorbed with our conversation that I almost didn't notice that we had finally made it to my house.

"Well, this is me," Marcus and I said at the same time. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"When did we start living together Precious?" Marcus teased.

"Last week," I replied casually, just to mess with him. "Don't you remember? You were going to take me out to celebrate."

Marcus looked surprised, before he smoothly answered, "Well then, get a nice dress, cause we're going dancing Friday."

I rolled my eyes and told Marcus, "I'll see you tomorrow."

Just as I unlocked the front door, Marcus pointed out, "You never said no."

"I was already going to go Marcus."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Precious."

Before Marcus could make another remark, I closed the front door and called out, "I'm home! Joshua, you better be doing your homework!"

"I am!" I heard Joshua call back from the kitchen. Why that kid couldn't do his homework in his own room was beyond me. "What took you so long?"

I realized that my wrist was probably totally bruised up right now. Going over to the freezer to grab some ice, I said, "I missed the bus. I closed my locker door on my arm again and I had to get some ice for it."

"Then why are you getting ice out of the freezer?"

"Because my ice melted. Need any help?"

"Actually, yes. But only on one question this time."

"Alright then, let's see what we have here."

A/n-Marcus knows that Alice likes him now. Also, I realize that it's not really clear what day it is. So let's just say that it's Wednesday. Thanks for reading!