You are so loved

After their cuppa Jac made her way to the door. Fletch put his arms round her waist and pulled her in close.
"Wish you could stay" he whispered against her neck
Jac sighed contentedly "me too but I didn't ask Sacha to stay at mine for him to babysit whilst I came here"
"I know babe . He needs to know you're there for him"
Fletch understood perfectly what Sacha meant to her. What Sacha meant to pretty much everyone
She kissed him briefly "I'll speak to you tomorrow OK"
"Love you" he replied
"Love you" she echoed
When Jac got home she found Sacha dozing on the sofa
She stroked his hair affectionately "you are so loved by so many you silly man" she said choking back tears as she let herself think about what he had nearly done
"We are your family Sacha. Even if your own don't treat you as they should we are all here for you and we need you"
Sacha  smiled , eyes still shut "Thanks Jac"
"You remember what I have said and if you ever get to that dark place again you will have me to answer to if you don't talk to someone about it Levy"
"Ok" he said opening his eyes "if only you were as scary as you think you are"
Jac huffed "I am losing my touch. When we first met you were terrified of me"
"Or so I would have you believe"
Jac fixed him with a Naylor death stare
"Oh you were scared alright Levy" then she couldn't help but smile. "Who knew in those early days when we would compete to see who could clear their half of the ward first that I would end up with the best friend I have ever had. I really wish you had told me how bad you were feeling"
Sacha reached for her hand. "Jac we've been through this. I'm sorry. You had so much of your own stuff to deal with I couldn't"
"Don't you think losing you would have added to my issues somewhat"
"I wasn't thinking straight Jac. I promise I won't try that again"
"Just make sure you don't" she said leaning into his chest, forcing his arm round her
He kissed the top of her head "how did it go with Fletch. Did he want to discuss the 'for the rest of our lives ' thing"
Jac laughed softly "yes he did. He's such an old woman. He wanted to know if I was freaking out"
"Are you?"
"I told him, not exactly but I was still trying to get my head round me and him being an 'us'"
"Blimey Jac, I think pretty much the whole hospital had got their heads around you being an 'us' way before you actually were" he laughed
"We wasted so much time Sacha. Why didn't you tell me"
"Really?"
"Yeah I don't blame you. Anyway he said that he didn't need me to feel the same about the rest of our lives thing yet as long as it I wasn't dismissing it out of hand"
"And he's not upset by you not feeling it yet?"
"No.I think he feels more secure in this than I do. It's hard for me to admit feeling secure in any relationship as you've witnessed over the years"
Sacha chuckled "I could write a book"
"Exactly so now you can see that this time it's different. I'm different."
"You're still you though and that's what he fell in love with"
Jac snuggled back in with Sacha
"We haven't spent time together like this in ages. I'm claiming more when you get back"
"I'd like that"