Part 12, Section 3

I was woken by the sound of Emily getting out of bed. 

It was finally light again so I can see everything in the room the bed was perfectly fine nothing on it, apart from in the room there had blood stains on the walls and dried blood smears on the floor which I did not really care about. There was a wardrobe near the door, the doors were ripped of its hinges, also there was a chest of drawers near the wardrobe. Pictures were on the top of the drawers, a man wearing an army uniform, a woman in a long white dress, they had 2 children standing next to them. A young boy and a girl. This must have been a wedding picture. 

I did not really care about the blood stains on the floor or on the walls.

Shit my birthday. I'm 15. I did not feel any different.

"Do I look any different?" I asked Emily.

"No you look like the same cute boy I met." Emily flirted getting on top of me and kissing me. 

Suddenly we were interrupted by a scream downstairs. Emily shot off me and ran downstairs. 

"So much for being hurt." I wondered sitting up slowly and getting out of bed. 

I limped over to the drawers to look what was in them. 

In the top drawer I opened there was a Standard glock 17 handgun. Next to it was 2 clips holding 17 rounds of 9mm. I took the gun and the 2 clips, putting one of the clips into the gun. I put it down the back of my trousers. Limping out of the room I saw Emily over a child, a boy with glasses on. She looked up at me and grinned and started sniggering. The boy was the boy in the photo I saw. He had gashes all over his face and stomach, they looked infected. Shockingly there was a bite taken out of his neck. He was definitely dead. 

He got down on my knees to look at him and I winced as I still hurt. Emily saw it and started laughing. 

The others came over to see what was going on. 

"What happened." The leader of the brigade. 

"We heard a shout we came to figure out what it was." I answered her question. 

"My name is Ava, this is Grace (pointing at a girl with a scar down her right eye), this is Jayden (pointing at the guy who's ear was half hanging off), this is Mason (pointing at a guy who was mashed up with cuts and grazes and gashes he had a massive gash, which was still bleeding over his left eye, he had no left eye), and finally but not least this is Logan (she said pointing to a kid who looked perfectly fine, he did not even have a speck of blood on him or even dirt, his face was buried in a book reading, with an immaculate white suite and tie)." Ava told me. 

"Nice to meet you all. Now we need to go because the dead can smell blood and this guy if you have not noticed is bleeding a lot." I declared getting to my feet slowly. 

I pulled Emily up and started limping down the stairs. 

"Why are you limping?" Ava asked.

"It's nothing." I said bluntly her looking at Emily and smirking.

We all went out the door we all came through to get in, the front door.

Back onto the streets finally. Started walking again the way we were walking before it got dark. I saw the underground train station. I was starving so I was thinking about going in there to see if there is any food in the vending machines. 

"I'm going into the station because I'm so hungry and I am guessing you guys are hungry too so you are welcome to join me if you would like." I Informed them. 

I did not need to say anything else they followed me into the station.

We walked through the heavy doors. It was light we saw everything. Walking the way towards one of the platforms, Emily squeezed my hand as to say she was scared. When we got to the platform. To our surprise there were the deceased sleeping. About a hundred or so sleeping in the same place. We turned to run out but the zombies that smelt us blocked the exit. The zombies that were sleeping were now all waking up. We were trapped!