A Laughing Matter

Ross' POV

"Im sorry buddy, but this is a laughing matter." Ell said after he had stopped laughing.

"Whatever. Court, you wanna watch another episode now?"

"Yes!" she said and sat up straight on the couch.

"I will leave you two to that then." Ell said while walking into the kitchen.

He popped his head out and winked at me. I just rolled my eyes. I put the DVD in the player and started the second episode.

"Ross, can we have breakfast now?" Courtney asked me after the episode was done.

"Ya sure. What day is it?"

"Um I think that it's Sunday. Why?"

"That's why no one else is up yet! Geez. I'm surprised that I woke up so early." I muttered the last part to myself.

We went into the kitchen to find Ell trying to clean something up.

"What did you do?" I asked while looking at the mess he made in the kitchen.

"Well, funny story. I was trying to make an omelet but I kinda dropped the eggs while the carton was open."

"That's not very funny." I muttered.

I grabbed some paper towel and helped him clean up. Courtney grabbed some to. Once we were done it looked as if nothing had happened.

"Thanks guys." Ell said while drying his hands after he washed them.

"Just remember this time." I warned.

"Sure." he said waving it off.

*That Evening*

Mom walked into the living room where we were all hanging out.

"Do you guys know what happened to my eggs? I had 18, but they all disappeared."

I looked over at Ell.

"I will go get you some more. Sorry." Ell said as he ran out of the house.

Court and I started laughing while everybody was looking at us weird as if asking us to explain. We just looked at each other and started laughing more.

About ten minutes later Ell came back into the living room After he gave the eggs to mom.

"We should play truth or dare!" Ell said while taking a seat on the floor.

We all sat in a circle on the floor.

"Rocky first." Riker said.

"Ok, Rydel, truth or dare?" he asked.

"Um dare."

"I dare you to go put ice cubes in your bra!" He said pointing to the kitchen.

She went to put them in.

"Rocky this is freaking cold." She said when she got back in.

"Ross truth or dare."

"Truth."

"Oh but that's boring. Um have you ever stepped in dog poop."

"Yes. Riker truth or dare."

"Dare."

"I dare you to go get the mayo and eat a spoonful."

He went into the kitchen and grabbed the stuff. He came back in with a spoonful of mayo. He ate it and cringed a little.

"Ok. Ell, truth or dare."

"Dare."

"I dare you to try to steal a cookie from mom."

"Ooh that's a hard one."

He went into the kitchen slowly. He snuck a cookie when mom had her back to him and he quickly stuck it in his mouth. He hurried back into the living room.

"Ellington I know that was you!" Mom called from the kitchen.

We started laughing.

"Ok ok. Courtney. Truth or dare."

She looked at him a bit nervously.

"Dare?"

"Ok. Well then I dare you to arm wrestle Ross."

She turned to face me and put her arm out. I grabbed her hand and Ell counted us down.

"One two three!' He said and we started.

It felt like she was trying hard so I didn't try to hard. As soon as I started trying I couldn't move my arm. She smirked at me and then quickly put her arm down. They all cheered for her and she took a bow.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" she said walking toward the door.

She opened it and I heard her slam it shut.

Courtney's POV

As soon as I opened the door I slammed it. I locked as fast as I could and ran to the backdoor and locked it.

"What's the matter?" Ross said running to me.

"He's back." I said quietly.

"Who?" he asked.

"James." I replied and looked him in the eye.

He grabbed the phone and probably called the cops. I didn't wait to find out. I was to busy running to my room.

As soon as I got there I closed the door and locked it.

A/N

Sorry for the wait. I had lots of company over in the past month and i have just been busy.

Before i go on if you havent listened to HMUOY you need to! It is amazing!

Ok so i still need a ship name for them. If you have any ideas please comment them.

Until the next chapter, bye!

~syd💞