Destination Love-Chapter Twenty-Eight

Standing on top of a ladder, Taylor pushed the roller brush along the wall. Changing the color from the drab grey it had been to a brightly colored mint green. 

"Tay." 

Startled by the voice, Taylor grabbed a hold of the top of the ladder to keep from loosing her balance. She turned to find her mother standing in the doorway. "Mom." 

Lily stepped into the room. Folding her arms, she looked around, "It looks good." 

"Thanks." 

"I've heard Alex and his kids are living her full time now." 

"Yeah," Taylor turned back to the wall, and continued her painting. "what are you doing here, Mom?" 

"I came to see how you are doing." 

Taylor snorted, and moved the roller more vigorously across the wall. 

"Tay, I know you're angry with me." 

"Why would I be angry? Just because you left me in the hospital, and practically gave the company to my siblings? Really, Mom, what have I got to be angry about?" 

"John wanted to get married..." 

"I don't care, Mom. Just leave." 

"Taylor, I'm sorry." 

"You're always putting those men over our kids, and I'm tired of it." Taylor shook her head, "I need to get this finished." 

"He left me!" 

Taylor sighed, and climbed off the ladder. "What did you expect?" 

"I thought he cared for me." 

"He probably did at one point." 

Lily sighed, and crossed the room to pick up a brush. "For about a microsecond, I'm sure." 

Taylor shook her head, "Mom, one of these days..." 

"I know, I'll figure out that I'm to old to be running off to get married. I need to make sure my kids get what they need." 

"How much has Daisy told you?" 

"Most of it. I'm proud of you. I think adopting that girl and starting the foundation are wonderful." 

"Thanks." 

"I also think that you and Alex are wonderful. I know he's going to make you happy." 

"Don't start seeing wedding bells, Mom. After his ex, I doubt he's going to want to walk down the aisle again." 

"Who doesn't love a wedding?" 

Taylor wiped her hands on a rag, and put the lid on the paint can. "I've got to get into the office. I've got a late consultation." 

"I'll finish this. When is Leah moving in?" 

"When the judge decides to approve the paperwork, or she turns eighteen." 

"When is the baby due?" 

Taylor turned from the door, "Wow, Dais really did tell you everything." 

"She mentioned Leah is thinking of giving up her baby." 

"She's afraid of not being able to take care of her child." 

"That's understandable. What are you going to do?" 

"I'm going to encourage her to do the right thing. To give herself a chance to be a good mother." 

"Do you think she is going to be a good mother?" 

"I have no idea." Taylor said as she left the room, "But she should at least try."