Destination Love-Chapter Nine

"Good morning!" Lily entered the house early the next morning with a bright, cheerful smile.

"What are you doing here?" Taylor stood in her living room, stretching for her morning run. "It's a little early for you, isn't it?"

Lily sat a box of donuts on the counter. "I promised Alex I would watch the kids. He has an early surgery at the hospital." 

"I'm surprised he didn't ask me." 

"I don't know, dear." Lily opened the box and pulled out a cream filled pastry. "It's barely five, what are you doing?" 

"The same thing I do every Saturday morning." 

"TAYLOR!" Lily hitched a hip, "You saw that storm last night. Its going to be hell out there." 

Taylor shook her head, and went into the kitchen for her water bottle. "It's fine, Mom. I've done it a million times." 

"It's not fine. The weather report said there could be another storm this morning." 

"I doubt it." Taylor said with a roll of her eyes. "I've got my sweats to keep me warm, and my old shoes can get muddy, I don't care. It's not like I'm going to be very far if it starts to storm, I'll call Shawn for a ride." 

"Taylor..." 

"Is everything alright?" Alex descended the stairs carrying Mason against his chest. He was already dressed in jeans, and a polo shirt. 

Taylor couldn't resist, her morning run could wait a few minutes. She reached for the baby, "Good Morning, little man," She kissed the top of the infants forehead. He grinned, and kicked his feet. In the kitchen, she fixed him a bottle, and carried them both into the living room to settle in a chair near the fire Alex was building. 

"It's Saturday, don't you ever sleep in." Alex asked. 

"I could say the same thing about you." 

"I got a call late last night, a friend was wounded and is finally flying home. They're bringing him here so I can help." 

"It's great that you can do that. I'm glad the hospital will work with you." 

"So am I. I'm also very glad to have this place." Alex sat on the edge of the ottoman in front of her. "That gives me such a flexible schedule." 

"As long as this place has adequate medical coverage, I don't have any problem with you working at the hospital. Especially since it keeps good communication between us and them." Mason spit the bottle out, and gurgled at her. Taylor grinned down at him, "What are you doing? You're not done yet." When he took the bottle again. Alex was giving her a strange look. 

"What?" 

He shook his head, "Nothing." Pushing to his feet, he crossed the room into the kitchen for coffee. 

Taylor watched him walk away, then turned her attention back to the baby. Mason slapped the side of the bottle, and smiled up at her around the nipple. When he finally finished the bottle, she rested him on her shoulder and patted his back. "Alright, sweet baby." She stood, and moved to the play pen, where she laid him on his back. 

He cooed up at her, kicking his feet, and waving his hands. She patted his belly, and turned on the mobile above him. She straightened, and retrieved her water bottle from the kitchen table. "Alright, I'll be back in a few hours." 

"What route do you take?" Alex followed her outside. 

"Why?" 

"Just in case."