September 3rd, 2066

The mood in Cuauhtémoc has shifted noticeably. Trent, Sergio, and I barely spoke to one another, today. Trent and I are still being stationed together at one of the gates. We normally carry on conversations during our shift, but this time we just stood in silence, watching the horizon. We stared northward, toward the United States, without a single word. Time seemed irrelevant; I was surprised when another soldier came to relieve Trent and me from our post.

I think the reason everyone is so nervous is that no one wants to reenter the U.S., given that most of us just escaped from it. More than half the people in Cuauhtémoc are Americans who managed to flee after the Bill of Perfection was passed. No one who fled the country is particularly keen on the idea of going back, particularly for a mission as dangerous as shutting down a highly-guarded manufacturing plant.

There's another reason everyone is afraid, though. It's something I hadn't thought of, but that was suggested to me in one of the rec rooms, tonight. Since the return of the reconnaissance team, yesterday, a rumor has been spreading. The rumor suggests that the team may have been pursued by Perfectionists, resulting in them inadvertently giving enemy soldiers our location. If that's the case, a military force could be on the horizon any day, now.

I hope there's no truth to that rumor.