Author's Note

Hey everybody,

We're coming up on the end of Imperfect's Journal, here.

I'm so grateful to everyone who has stuck through it for so long!

Imperfect's Journal is a prologue to a much bigger story that I've been wanting to tell for nearly five years--really, it has been on my mind and on my heart since I received an Honorable Mention in the Writer's of the Future competition several years ago. In an effort to tie a vast, ever-growing world together, I wrote this story as a sort of "origin" to the entire world. It has really helped set in stone the initializing of various traits in the futuristic world that serves as the setting for my book "Chainbreaker".

Darren Stratt's relationship with Sara McKenzie was also a direct mirroring of the relationship that I had just lost when I first started to outline this series back in January, 2018. I was looking for answers and couldn't find them, so I started to write up answers of my own. There was no way I was going to find closure from her, so I needed to make it up, myself. This story has achieved that purpose in addition to its primary one: setting up the world of "Chainbreaker".

When I first committed to the daily format of Imperfect's Journal, I had a lot of time on my hands. Several hours a day were spent doing absolutely nothing at my dead-end job, so I could write nearly a month's worth of entries in a week. Then, when that contract ended, I had to focus much of my energy on writing resumes, cover letters, and essays in an effort to get myself back on my feet. I had a house, a cat, and a car that all needed to be taken care of, yet my bank account was nearly empty.

The job I have now is going extremely well, but it is a definite time consumer. I have little-to-no downtime, these days. I rarely even get a full weekend! It's great for my bank account, but not so great for my creativity. However, I am not a quitter.

I'm going to wrap up Chainbreaker throughout the rest of the year, with the final entry being posted on Christmas morning. I am excited for everyone to see the ending that I've envisioned since I first wrote "Imperfect's Journal Synopsis" on a piece of paper. While I was unfortunately unable to maintain my daily-update schedule, I fully intend to bring this story to a close and give it the ending it deserves.

So, head over to "Part 3" here: https://www.wattpad.com/576080407-the-imperfect%27s-journal-3-april-21st-2066

Part 3 will be the final entry in the Imperfect's Journal series. I am so grateful to everyone who has stuck with me for so long, through thick and thin. 

P.S., I fully intend to finish reading all the stories that I have started on here, it will just take a bit of time. Much of my energy is currently focused on my Game Development company (Rhetrosoft, LLC), my day job, my novel (Chainbreaker), and fixing up my house.