August 1st, 2066

Dublin.

We're going to Ireland.

I remember that hell-hole I passed in my boat a while back. It stands out in my memory like a sore thumb. A sore thumb that's turned purple and somehow found a way to scream.

Yeah. That's how strong this terrifying memory is. I am not at all excited about this mission. I don't want to go back there. I don't want to see that place, again. I don't want to... hear those things.

It's too late, now. I can't back out of this. We're in the air, headed northward. Come midnight, our chopper will land in the center of our designated search area.

We've been given a map with three locations where survivors could have fled and survived for an extended period. There's a nuclear bunker, a missile silo, and a castle with at least two panic rooms (that Crutch is aware of--we were told to look for more, just in case).

The silo, bunker, and panic rooms are all new constructions, built within the last year. As such, they should be sufficiently constructed to survive the Renewer and keep the fog outside of their respective walls, allowing any survivors to remain alive inside (provided they have food and water).

Our chopper is going pick us up from the bunker on the 12th of August. The drop-off point is the castle. The first thing we need to do is find a room fit for the dissipator to do its job.

To clarify, that's the first thing I need to do. I'm the scout, so I'm going in first, and I'm not looking forward to it.

We're being told by Sergeant Glassgow that we'll be entering the Renewer fog over Ireland in about a half hour, so we need to get our gear equipped. It's difficult to write with the heavy hazard gloves I have to wear, so I'll have to stop this entry, soon.

If I survive and we manage to make camp in the castle, I'll be able to write another entry, tomorrow. If I can't write again, for whatever reason...

Give this journal to Sara. Tell her I love her. Make sure she knows that I did all of this for her.