Chapter 21: Waitress please!

Casper's POV

I smiled with joy as I exited the restaurant. I had gotten the job as a waitress for Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant. The manager had given me my uniform and told me to be back at the restaurant in my uniform at 3:45 p.m. sharp.

I hope this job goes well, I need the money after all. I may get money from doing YouTube, but it's not nearly enough to pay my tuitions. Let's just pray to God that I don't get fired on the first day.

~MAGICAL TIMESKIP~

I walked into the restaurant through the back door and hung my jacket and bag up on the hooks. I saw my manager talking with another guy who just so happened to be the waiter I was paired with. My manager looks over at me and waves me over. I sigh and walk over to him and the unknown waiter he was talking to.

"Casper, this is the waiter I have paired you with. He is very experienced and will help you learn everything you need to know. So you could say that you are going to be his shadow." My manager tells me with a smile.

I nod and he hands me all the materials I need with my belt. I strap it on and smile ever so slightly. The manager leaves to go and attend to other important business.

"Hi my name is Maxwell, but you can just call me Max if you'd like." The waiter I was paired up with introduced. He seemed polite and very sweet. "Hi Max. My name is Casper." I introduce. He smiles and sticks out his hand. I look at it and shake his hand. 'Maybe being paired up with this Max dude won't be so bad.' I think.

Our shift starts and we get to work.

~END OF LOVELY SHIFT~

I laugh as I set my belt down. "I can't believe that guy pretended there was a rat in his Fettichini Alfredo!" I laugh even harder. Max laughs along with me. "Some people have guts." He says. I nod and grab my jacket. I slip it on and zip it up a bit, I then grab my back and slip it over one shoulder. I was about to walk out, but before I could someone grabbed my arm.

I turn around and pulled my arm away. "Sorry if I scared you, I was just wondering if I could get your number, so I could text you sometime soon?" Max asks me. I think about it for a moment and smile. "Sure." I reply. His face seems to brighten up as we exchange numbers.

"Text you later, Casper!" Max shouts as he drives away. I get into my car and drive back to the dorm. "I can't wait for him to text me." I whisper to myself.

As soon as I get into my dorm, I go to my room and get changed. I slip into bed and pull the covers over myself. I slowly drift to sleep with a smile on my face.