ch.6 Too far

This morning was more normal than the ones I've been waking up to lately. I got up and washed up. I remembered what Jackie said about the piano and totally forgot about it. I put some boot cut styled jeans on and a white tank top.
     I went down stairs and in the living room and in the far left corner of the room was a beautiful black piano on a platform. I liked how the light shined on it, it had a glittered gloss on it. I walked up to it.
      When I sat down I noticed that the company YAMAHA made this piano because the name was in the center above the keys. It's been a while sence I've played the piano. I sat at the piano thinking of what to play. I had decided to play Stay With Me by Sam Smith. I began playing the intro and began singing the lyrics.
      I remembered why I loved playing the piano. It made me feel good and free. I closed my eyes and just played the song. I felt relieved. I added my on chords and inversions to please my ear. It was beautiful. I liked how that piano sounded.
      Growing up my dad said I had an ear for music. I could tune and play any instrument. One day I just stopped I think it when he came home from the military and at the time I didn't understand he would go back, I thought he was home for good but one day he was gone he gave me a letter and my mom read it to me.
     He promised he would be back. I was four at the time but now I understand the world and I still love him.

           When I finished, I openned my eyes and I gainned an audiance. Lucy was next to me watching. Cody was on the couch in skating gear.
     "That was pretty." Lucy said.
    Cody shook his head,"No, that was awsome. Why didn't you tell us you played?" he looked amazed.
     "Or sing?" Lyle came in and add. He was wearing skating gear also.
      I shrugged,"No one asked."
     Jack walked in with skate gear too,"Wow, how many hidden talents do you have?"
     I smiled," Well I play more than just this, I play sports, I am good at crafting, I love to draw and paint, I.."
      Jack cut me off,"Okay, I get it. It's a long list." he smiled.
     I smiled back."Didn't you guys go skating once. Why not go lazer tagging or somthing?" I asked as they picked up their skate boards and skates.
     "We met some hot chicks at the skating club and they wanted to watch and skate with us." Lyle said.
    "Okay but Lyle be careful  you know how you are when you show off."
    He smiled and rolled his eyes and smiled,"Yes my angelic gardian."
    Jack and Cole laughed.
    "Lyle I'm serious." I didn't like when he played when I warn him about thing.
     "Okay. Whatever, no back flips." he sighed.

           "Be back before seven I'm cooking." I yelled after them before they left.
    "Can you teach me?" Lucy asked me.
    "Sure." I started teaching her the basic C scale. She learned it fast. I then taught her about crossing over and soon enough she was playing with both hands.
      She messed up some times. I told her to keep practicing until she could do it without looking. She wouldn't give up which is a good trait to have. I headed into the kitchen to make some breakfast.
       "Hey, Lucy what do you want to eat?" I called to her.
      "Walffles, please!" she called back. I hope to one day have a child like her one day. She then started singing la's, do's, na's and ah's along with the sounds and tones one the keys she strucked. I use to do that too. It was so cute with her voice.
       I pulled out the items needed to make the walffles.
       "What do you want on the side Lucy?" I asked."Um, eggs,fruit, and LOTS of BACON!!!!" she squeaked.
      I laughed," Okay, eggs, fruit, and lots of bacan, coming up."