2

"You coming?" Alex asked, grabbing her purse. "Where?" I asked, looking up from my laptop. "The Diner. I was told that they have amazing sticky buns." "Sure!" I got up and slid on my converse. We were walking for what seemed like hours. I was impressed by all the shops they had. "We're here!" Alex cheered, opening the door for me. As we walked in, the aroma of sticky buns and burgers washed over me. The waiter led us to a booth. "So, do you have a boyfriend?" She has no filter. "Not at the moment. How about you?" "Well, there's this guy in Michael's band. His name is Ashton. I really like him. I think he likes me back. But I'm not sure. He's gives out mixed signals." She shrugged. The waiteress came and we both ordered french toast with a milkshake. "Michael's in a band?" I asked. That's a major turn on. "Yea, 5 Seconds of Summer. They are pretty serious about it too. I can get you one of their shirts if you want." I nodded. "That sounds cool." "What's your deal?" Yep. No filter. "I know what your thinking. You are probably wondering why Michael and I have different accents. It's kind of like Parent Trap. You know, the moive? Minus the drama. My dad stayed here while my mom took Michael and moved to Austraila for a couple of years. The accent stuck with him when he moved back here. And he brought his idiot friends with him." On cue, Michael came over. He was with a tall dark haired boy.

"Hey sis." Michael teased, sitting next to Alex. The friend with the dark hair sat next to me. "Don't be rude. Introduce Codi to Calum." 'Calum' pirked up when she said his name. Then he turned to me. "Hi." He sheeply said. "Hey." I whispered. Calum leaned in and I could smell his cologne. I could feel my cheeks burn red. Our food was served and the waiteress handed me two straws and winked. I got the hint. I dug into my french toat like nobody was around. "Woah! Slow down. You'll get the hiccups." Calum chuckled. He put his straw in my milkshake and look a long sip. I did the same. "You guys throwing a party tomorrow or.." Alex trailed off, taking another bite of her french toast. "Yea. You coming?" "No." Alex said sarcastically. "You coming Codi?" Michael asked. "Party on a Wednesday? Count me in!" "You'll get to meet the rest of the band." Alex winked. "Speaking of the band, we were asked to play at a pub Saturday. I hope to see you both there." Calum smiled. "Also speaking of the band, I promised Codi a band shirt." Alex said. "Maybe after you slow pokes finish your meal. You could come over and pick up a shirt." Michael suggested.
"I'm done. Ready Codi?" "You sure? You only ate half of your french toast!" "I'll take care of that. I haven't eaten since we arrived!" Michael said, shoveling a forkful of french toast in his mouth. "How do you like campus so far Codi?" Calum asked me. "It's awesome! Very unique." I smiled.

The talking stopped for a while. The loud and busy noise filled in the silence.

"Finished. Let's go." Michael said, slapping a 20 dollar bill on the table.