26

I walked into Baby's, shaking the rain off my jacket. I spotted a fimiliar beanie and walked towards it. Calum was looking at the menu.

"Hey Cal." I smiled, taking a seat. "Hey Codi, how ya been?" "Alright. My grades suck." I chuckled. Calum made a face. "What's with that look?" "You are so smart. Why would you be failing?" I felt guilty if I blamed Calum. I mean, he wasn't the main reason. I don't want to point fingers but, Alex was the reason, which eventually lead to Calum. "Um, just, you know, lack of studying." I shrug. "If I buy you lunch, will you do better in class." "Geez Cal!" "Please? Free meal!" "Whatever." I laugh.

The waitress came back with a choclate shake. That shake brought me back to my first night of college. Calum and I shared a chocolate shake. But this time, the shake only had one straw. Shut up Codi. You and Calum aren't dating. I snap out of my day dream and order a chocolate milk shake and a grilled cheese. "Doing anything for the break?" I ask, eyeing the shake. "Beth's family invited me for Thanksgiving. It's my first!" "You haven't had Thanksgiving with Alex and Michael?" "Nope. Michael's mom doesn't like cooking for a crowd bigger than three." Calum chuckled. "Well, you will enjoy it."

My food came later after explaining Thanksgiving to Calum. "Now, down to business. Give me the dets." Calum said in a sassy tone. "Okay. From the beginning?" "From beginning." I told Calum every little detail there was. He wore an undrestanding look on his face the whole time. I really hope he processed that correctly.

"So what your saying is that guy is irrelevant?" "Yes, I only said 3 things to the guy! I was just their for moral support." Calum tilted his head back. "Well I'm glad we've cleared this up." "Me too. I'm also glad you found Beth." Calum's eyes widened for a bit. "Yea." He coughed. "Wanna walk around for a bit?" I nod and Calum pays at the register.

"You know, I think you and Beth would be really good friends." "You think so? I mean, she doesn't have the same taste as me." "You can figure it out. The boys and I are throwing a little get together before the break starts. Try to get to know Beth then." Calum smiles, like it was his plan all along. "Only for you, Cal."