7

"I'm leaving with or without you, let's go Codi!" Alex said through her teeth. She had her hand on the door knob. "Sorry! The dryer ran longer than I expected!" I raised my voice, pulling my shirt over my head. I followed Alex out the door. "Are we going to be too early?" I asked. "No. Michael wanted us to help set up." She explaied, calming down. "I found a short cut." Alex rushed, grabbing my hand. I ran to catch up and she let go. Then she pulled out her phone again. I took my phone out of my bag, popped my ear buds and hit shuffle. Settle Down by The 1975 came on. Next thing I knew, we were at the boy's front door. I put my phone back in my bag. "Helllloooo?" Alex yelled. "We're in here!" Ashton yelled. Alex put drinks in the cooler. "Hey Codi!" Luke beamed, pulling me into a hug. It felt so right, hugging him in that moment.

Calum and Michael came back with more drinks later. But the party already started. I was talking to Luke about what I was going to study until Calum pulled me to the side. "You having fun?" He asked over the music. "Yea you guys know how to throw a party." "You don't have a drink! I'll be right back." Calum walked away. A tall blonde approached me. "Hey I'm Isabella! And you are?" Make new friends right? "I'm Codi." "Codi? I thought that was a boys name?" She hiccuped, clearly drunk. "I was supposed to be a boy." I shrugged, crinkling my nose. "I'm back!" Calum tripped. Isabella walked away confused. "Woah you okay?" I asked, holding down a giggle. "Just had too much to drink." He laughed, handing me a can of coke. "I think you should lay down for a bit." I suggested. "Yea." Calum agreed, holding his head. I walked him back to him room and lay him on his bed.

"Better?" "Better." I was about to leave until Calum grabbed my hand.