23

The boys, Alex, and I haven't spent anytime since classes started. So Luke invited us to have dinner at Bill Pickle's. I made sure I got all my studying in. Alex and I walked down to their rental house. Calum and I caught up. He mentioned his new girlfriend. She'll be joining us for dinner. Calum said I'll like her.

We arrived at Bill Pickle's sat down at a long table. I sat between Michael and Luke. Calum's girlfriend showed up and sat across from me. "Nice to meet you! I'm Beth." She gave me a toothy smile and a handshake.

Beth and Calum take the same morning class. She likes coffee and fall. "So what music do you listen to?" I asked. Judging by her outfit, light pink cocktail dress with gold heals, she doesn't have the same music taste as the rest of us. "Um, I like pop. Mainly, uh, who's that band, Cal?" "Emblem3?" "Yea!" Alex spit up her ice. I threw her a napkin.

Luke and I split a large hamburger. "Are you guys dating?" Beth asked, taking a sip of her diet Coke. I chocked on my lettus. Luke patted my back and handed me my water. "No," He assured. "We're just good friends."

While Ashton payed the bill, Luke and I got a head start on the walk home. "Thoughts on Cal's girlfriend?" "Nice but clueless." "Agreed." "She doesn't bother me. I thought she would be, I don't know, not girly." "That's how the story goes. The two starts out as friends until the other one finds someone else. But that soemone else is the complete opposite of the friend he had a super crush on." I didn't know how to reply to that. I'm not speachless, Luke was 100% right. And yes, I knew that Calum liked me. The feeling was mutual. "But why did he go for someone else?" "Because the friend was on a double date." "I was not on a date! Even though it looked like a date, it wasn't to me. I was there for moral support. Alex got a date with a guy, the guy had a friend, I was dragged. Nothing more happened. We didn't see them after that. Honest." "Don't tell me. Tell Calum." "There's no point. He has someone else to take care of." "Well, yea. But guess what?" "Huh?" "You have 3 people taking care of you." "And who's that?" "Me, Mikey, Ash, and Alex. We all love you." I took a long sigh. "Thanks for the pep talk, Luke." I giggled.

We made it back to the rental house. We plopped down on the couch. Luke brought us a bowl of ice cream. "OH MY GOD!" "What?' "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER IS ON!!!" Luke screamed. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Michael, Ashton, and Alex filed in. "Codi," Alex whispered, grabbing me. "Um, Ash is sleeping over and-" "No need to say more. Just, don't do it on my bed." I winked. Alex and Ashton ran out the door. "Were is Cal?" Luke asked. "Where do you think?" Michael snorted. "Codi are you staying over?" "Is that okay?" "Of course! This is gonna be a FUN NIGHT!" Michael cheered. "You must be ucomfortable. Follow me." Luke motioned. I followed him to the second floor into his room. We passed Calum's room. The familiar sent of his shirts reeked out the door. Luke handed me a shirt and a pair of soccer shorts with a smile. I changed in the bathroom. I laughed at what his shirt read. 'go all the aWAY'. I shook my head and went downstairs.