Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Dear readers: I started writing this in like 2018 because I was so salty that this ship wasn't canon. I started it on a whim and had the greatest time writing and reading comments. Years have passed and from time to time it still has activity bubbling around it- just wanted to say that that's really cool and that you guys always bring a smile to my face :DD

_________

The town of Ikebukuro was in a glorious state of peace- it was another beautiful dawn in the quaint town as the skies were painted in light blue hues, and the sun lazily rose up to greet the citizens of the town and bring forth a new day.

The streets were empty, littered with restaurants and shops, but don't be fooled- in just a few hours, they would be bursting with life, from Simon boasting about how great his sushi was to the young children of the town excitedly meeting up with their friends to sprint their way to school as they are once again late for class.

Soon enough the tourists who were lucky enough would see the headless rider herself- zooming around town with her jetblack motorcycle- and of coarse, her signiture bright yellow helmet with cat ears situated at the top.

The people of the sleepy town were slowly waking up as the golden rays of sunshine peeped through their curtains and awoke them for another exciting day.

And in fact, in what seemed to be only a few moments the streets of the town were filled with people bustling around- and as a crisp breeze travelled through the city- it was practically written in stone that it was going to be a good day.

In one particular household- that had your average plain but somewhat nice exterior, a man by the name of Shizuo Heiwajima was reluctantly but slowly waking up.

Despite the curtains that covered his windows securely, the sunshine was simply too bright- it embedded his room with soft hues of orange forcing him to get ready for the day- something the blonde did not appreciate.

And so, with an annoyed groan he got out of bed, throwing his pristene white sheets off the bed and opening his window to get some fresh air. The first thing he noticed were his potted plants on his window sill slowly drying up.

Heck it wasn't his fault. He never wanted those plants- but some of his friends got them for him as a gift of some sorts- well he thought instead of wasting his time and water on the damned plant he would let them wilt- sue him.

With that thought put aside he started getting ready for another lousy day. He wore his ex bartender suit and after putting on his sunglasses he walked out of his house. He didn't bother arranging his hair, a bed head would do.

After lighting up his cigarette and putting it anxiously in his mouth he felt instantaneously more relaxed- the smoke warmed his insides and calmed him down- whoever said 'smoking kills' was missing out in his opinion.

And with that thought in his mind he made his way to work- it was just another normal day. But the angry blonde was wrong- so wrong.

Why you ask?
Well thats simple.

You see because on the other side of town the first train had arrived, packed mostly with tourists ready to spend a day exploring the city. At exactly 9:01am the train came to a stop, the rails creaking under its weight, and soon enough tourists came bustling out of it.

Yet the last one that exited was oh so different. His raven black hair was as messy as it had been three years ago- and his ruby red eyes that lacked the usual mischevious glint examined the painfully familiar setting.

He wore black jeans, and a sweater to match. His signiture black coat draped loosly on his frame- the most exciting part of his outfit was the white fur collar that his coat adorned, along with some fur at the end of the sleeves.

For now not many people knew about his presence- but soon enough everyone in Ikebukuro would know about his arrival. Why?

Because this 29 year old man was no other than Izaya Orihara, and he was exiting the train on his wheelchair that accompanied him for the past three years.

Why did he come back one might wonder?
Simple.
It was time for a new beginning- and were better to begin than in your favourite place in the world?

-This is Ikebukuro. A town were the residents are gang members,
and where Izaya himself used to wander around the streets with his own two feet.
And in this ever-changing town, the chirping of the birds at dawn signals the beginning of a new day-