Chapter 15: The First Day

-Izaya Orihara-

22nd December

After Izaya was offered a place to stay from Shizuo himself, he hurriedly started putting his plan in motion. After two days of researching places and tours on his laptop, he decided to book Shinra and Celty a more scenic tour in Slovenia, which was all the way in Europe.

Once they were successfully booked and all the payments were settled, he decided to tell them the surprise about one week before so they could have a good amount of time to pack.

Now the ravenette casually told them this news at dinner, expecting overjoyed replies. What he wasn't expecting was for Shinra to choke on his water and go cough in the sink for a few minutes and for Celty to furiously type questions such as 'But why?', 'You didn't have to do that!', and even 'How much money did you spend? We'll repay you!'

But after he explained himself and his reasoning, they slowly accepted his generous offer. It's true they were doubtful about the fact he was staying with Shizuo, but they silently hoped that this would bring them closer together.

Eventually, everyone in their friend group grew to know about this, even Tom Tanaka which he never really spoke to, and the three Raira kids which now had a surpringly good bond with him, since it became a habit for them to meet up with him and do their homework next to the ravenette.

Now something Izaya was really hesitant about was telling Erika the news. He knew she'd scream with joy and bounce around in euphoria- but to his pleasent surprise, he was completely wrong.

She was clearly delighted, but besides the toothy smile she spared him, the brunette didn't do much else. Izaya actually noticed that due time, Erika was was becoming a lot like a sister figure to him. She now tended to take his feelings into account more often.

Though she still believed that the ex informant and the artificial blonde were perfect for each other, she now respected Izaya enough to not outwardly express her opinion as frequently as she used to.

And now, everything was arranged for Izaya's stay at Shizuo's house. Erika was even going to come over to help Izaya bathe because she was actually experienced with helping disabled people as she once worked as volunteer to help the elderly when she was still a teenager.

They decided that at about 6pm she'd come over, Izaya would obviously pay her for her services, and then she'd eat dinner with them before going home. This of course could have all been avoided if Shizuo accepted the job but he still remembered that conversation vividly.

'I'm surprised you actually decided to take me in since you have to help me with everything, like going up the staircase or bathing,'

'Huh? No, no, a hundred times no.'

'You do know I can't wash myself right?'

'Find a way.'

'I'm calling Erika to help settle this.'

For a while, Izaya was concerned he'd have to go for two weeks without getting washed- thankfully their argument was settled with the brunette's curt decision making.

But now it was the 22nd, the day everything was going to start taking action. The dullahan and the underground doctor had left around half an hour ago, and after they shared hugs and farewells, the artificial blonde (who was already there) started strolling the ravenette's wheelchair to their destination.