Chapter 4: Surprise Visitor

-Izaya Orihara-

A few seconds had passed since Erika's bold accusation.

"But I knew you would come back for him!"

"For who?"

"For Shizuo of coarse!"

The ravenette for once was at a loss of words. He didn't have some sly remark ready, and he didn't have a witty reply on his toungue. He was simply speechless.

Why would she ever think that he came back for Shizuo of all people? He came back to start a new life- to be able to call a place home. Shizuo had nothing to do with it- well not much at least.

Ever since those two had met, it had been hate at first sight. The ravenette wasn't even sure why, but along the years he had developed lots of reasons to despise him.

But the truth is- if the ex information broker had to say he still hated Shizuo to the point he'd want him dead- he'd be lying through his teeth.

Now this didn't mean that Izaya liked his old enemy- he still mildly disliked him, but ironically he was thankful for meeting Shizuo- and he couldn't think of him as a monster anymore.

Because it was that monster that put him in a wheelchair- and ever since the ravenette got into the damned wheelchair he started changing.

He started to want to get better, until he had enough courage to be able to settle down in one place permanently- and he knew that place had to be his favourite town, Ikebukuro.

But just because Shizuo somehow turned Izaya's life around, that didn't mean the ravenette moved here in hopes of becoming best friends. In fact the artificial blonde would be lucky to even get an apology and a thanks.

All Izaya wanted was to live a better life- find a place to call home. So if he had to deal with a hundred people and say sorry to them, so be it- if he had to thank his enemy for paralyzing him from the waist down- fine he deserved it anyway.

But this. Izaya didn't know why he had to deal with an overly excited Erika. Even though he was confused- he wasn't stupid. Last time he was in Ikebukuro he had suspected the girl was more than just happy to see the two enemies interact.

And judging by her being a 'crazed otaku' he could only reach one conclusion- she shipped him with the strongest man in town.

The ravenette internally groaned, but his mouth molded into a smirk. "Eh Erika? You know I came to Ikebukuro for a lot of reasons, but confessing my undying love for Shizuo? That doesn't ring a bell!" His words were enlaced with a teasing tone as he sighed dramatically.

Erika to his amusement, puffed her cheeks in annoyance, and started twirling her front hair in her finger, as if she was deep in thought.

Then suddenly it seemed as if a light bulb lit in her head. "Of coarse! You are such a Tsundere! Oh Shizuo is gonna be so happy to see you!" She was squealing in excitement till her cheeks turned red.

Tsundere?

Izaya had heard of that term before but he wasn't to sure what it meant. But he had bigger problems. The screaming fangirl infront of him was causing him a bad headache.