Chapter 12: Rainy Mornings

-Izaya Orihara-

2nd December

Izaya slowly opened his eyes, finally awakening from his peaceful slumber. He blinked a few times before his eyes adjusted to the familiar environment- Celty and Shinra's guestroom, which Izaya was currently occupying until he found a permanent place to live in.

The room was a crisp grey, with dark wooden floor boards. A twin bed with neat maroon covers lay unused for the night, as he had apparently slept in his wheel chair.

The big window in the room showcased large, brooding grey clouds, and rainfall so heavy that he couldn't see anything on the outside. He diverted his gaze from the depressing view of the window to a desk that was in the corner of the room.

It didn't have much on it besides a few pencils and loose papers, a black leather notebook and a slightly old and used grey camera.

As Izaya remembered the dream he had, countless conversations replayed themselves in his mind, and he had no intention of stopping his lips from morphing into a warm smile.

The ravenette looked down at himself and realized he wasn't in the grey hoodie he had worn just yesterday. Instead he had black sweatpants, along with a fluffy long sleeved t-shirt  with 'Coffee First' written in white bold letters.

His relaxed gaze scanned the room, before it landed on a bright yellow sticky note that was stuck to his wardrobe, and with one glance at the curvy handwriting, he knew it had been Celty who had written the note.

'Good morning Izaya. I'm sorry Shinra and I aren't home right now but I had a job a few towns away and Shinra had to come along as he also had some business to deal with. By the way, last night Shizuo arrived at our place with you sound asleep in your wheelchair, so I changed your clothes so you feel more comfortable. Please call Shinra when you wake up.'

Izaya couldn't help but appreciate the almost motherly care Celty showed. Her shadows had in fact been extremely useful, as she could easily help him with tasks such as bathing and changing clothes, which were impossible for him to do on his own.

He squinted his eyes as he realized there was additional writing at the back of the note. 'P.S. Since it was late last night when you arrived, Shizuo slept on the couch. He might still be there when you wake up.'

Izaya looked over at the clock on the wall and realized it was only 9am, surely Shizuo had a big chance of being sound asleep. And even if he was awake, there was no way that he was going home with such horrible rainy weather.

Without much thought he went over to the living room and found the artificial blonde sound asleep on the couch, wrapped around in spare white blankets. His hair was all over the place, and he had an expression so calm that he almost looked peaceful.

Izaya barely realized the small smile on his face before he lightly shook the ex bartender's shoulder gently. "Hey Shizu-chan, wake up," he said it in a sing song tone, and to his surprise, the blonde actually responded.

Well not exactly responded verbally. He just hid his head under his precious blanket and groaned lightly in annoyance. Izaya was now intrigued by Shizuo's childish behaviour, so he simply pulled off the blankets in another attempt to get the sleeping lump to wake up.

The artificial blonde now bothered to sit up on the couch, lazily rubbing his eyes before yawning not so graciously. "Why the hell did you wake me up?" His voice came out low and groggy, and with the whiny tilt in his tone, he sounded like a five year old, complaining that they had been woken up for school.