IV

Tina–

Friday was my day off from going to the fraternity. Although I had to deal with lots of other things as I was a member of the authority such as organizing files and marking down targets, I didn’t have to wake up at four in the morning or go to the fraternity building. Which meant I was spared from seeing lots of people who are on my ‘dislike’ list; splendid!

My day off is spent on thinking of the things I could do; I could go have my breakfast in any café, not Starbucks because that’d be cliché for someone like me, I could go have a jog at the park or even chill in the park and–no, I’m not gonna read–find a hot boy to spend the night with.

You could say I’m one of those girls who meet one of those boys and spend the night with them; nothing happens after that night except forgetting the night itself. I can’t even remember my last one-night stand although he was with me just last Friday. You got my point?

Anyways, I decided to go for a jog in the park then have my breakfast anywhere. I didn’t have a shower, knowing I’d eventually have one when I get back home then dressed in my purple sports-bra and my black shorts. I grabbed a jacket with me in case it got chilly.

I tied my hair up in its usual ponytail then put my headphones in my ears and placed my iPod in my pocket and my phone on the other, making sure I had a decent amount of cash with me.  

My jog was all about maneuvering around the central-park in Manhattan several times until my alarm went off, indicating it was already ten in the morning; time for my breakfast.

Unfortunately, the park was clear of any guy who got my attention, which meant I’d have to search elsewhere. Yeah, I don’t spend a Friday night alone or on my bed, it has to be done in his house.

“Hey Louis,” I said through the phone after he’d picked up. “What’re your plans for tonight?” Louis always spends Fridays partying, so maybe I could go with him and there, I would find my night-stand.

Uh, Tina?” He asked in his morning voice, and I could just picture him with one eye open and drool dry down his mouth to his jaw. I chuckled at the imaginary picture.

“No, your mom.” He scoffed and was probably rolling his eyes by now.

What the fuck do you want?” I stepped into a coffee shop, which I didn’t bother reading the name of, then took a seat on one of the tables.

“You’re definitely not a morning person,” He groaned and I laughed before getting straight to the point. “However, what’re your plans for tonight?” I repeated my previous question.

I have a…” He hesitated, “date.” My eyes widened and lips parted in shock, not believing what I’ve just heard.

Louis William Tomlinson, code; Eleven is on a date? A… date? What, the, hell? 

“With whom?” Was the first thing that came to my mind.