A Thousand Years

Part 190!!! When do you think I should stop guys? Lol probably never...

Here's some O'Press for ya, I thought this song was appropriate.

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

"Everyone, I presume you know of Christen Press. She will be joining us for the remainder of the season. I hope you all try your best in welcome her and helping her to feel at home. She's an excellent player who can help us out a lot, she will be arriving this afternoon." Laura Harvey says to the Royal players sitting out in front of her on the field. 

As the huddle breaks, players disperse around the stadium, some going home, some doing recovery and other things.

"Oh Kelley, can I chat with you for a moment?" Laura asks Kel as she slips off her boots. 

"Sure Coach, what's up?" 

"Well with Christen coming straight from Sweden and everything, not even getting to stop home in L.A, I thought it'd be nice for her to room with a familiar face. And since you two went to Stanford together and played on the national team, you've got yourself a new roommate..."

Kelley's mouth gapes open.

"I see you're excited already...Christen will be at your place at about 6 tonight. Give her a nice warm welcome for me okay?" Laura says as she pats Kel's shoulder and walks away.

"Ha...um you got it." Kelley answers, still lost in her train of thought. 

The truth is, Kelley hasn't really talked to Christen since they graduated Stanford. She's terrified for what's to come...And why? Well, see they dated for about a year and half until Kelley graduated in 2009. Christen broke up with her, saying that Kelley needed to focus on her professional career and she needed to focus on her senior season as a cardinal and graduating as well. 

Kelley was heartbroken by this, she loved Christen with her whole heart! She still does! 

So the thought of them seeing each other again, and having to make conversation...while living together!! Scary shit man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's 5:30 in Kelley's apartment. She's sitting around thinking of what to do when Christen gets here. She wants to talk to her off course, and ask her how Sweden was, but also she wants to hide away in her bedroom and never be seen again. 

Through all of her thinking and worrying, she lost track of time, until there's a knock at the door.

She rushes off the couch and over to the door, opening it to see a man carrying two luggage bags.

"Hi, I'm Christen's über driver, this is her place right?" 

"Oh yea, this is it...I can take those for you." Kelley answers as she takes the two bags from the Latino man.

"Thanks...she'll be up in a minute." He smiles as he walks back down the hallway to the elevator. 

Kelley nods at the comment. She notices that it's a little chilly outside, so she runs to her room to grab a sweatshirt. 

From her room, Kelley hears the front door creak open.

"Hello?" She hears a voice say.

Kelley closes her drawer and walks out in to the living room.