No Place To Call Home

OKAY SO RANT FOR LIKE ONE SEC, IT'S LIKE 10 DAYS UNTIL THE NWSL KICKOFF RIGHT?! OKAY, YEA AND CHRISTEN FREAKING PRESS IS STILL A FREE AGENT!! GOD, I'M SO ANXIOUS! MY FIRST PICK WOULD BE FOR HER TO BE TRADED TO UTAH, BUT I KNOW UTAH'S NOT IN FAVOR FOR THAT CONSIDERING THEY WANT A USWNT PLAYER FOR A USWNT PLAYER, AND I DOUBT THEY WOULD TRADE KELLEY, BECKY OR AMY. BUT UTAH WOULD BE AMAZING FOR CHRISTEN. SEATTLE...EHHHHHH. I DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING. IT COULD, BUT I DON'T LIKE IT. NOW PORTLAND....YEA..BUT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. LIKE NEVER, BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM. SWEDEN IS PROBABLY MY FIRST OVERALL REALITY CHOICE. WHAT Y'ALL THINK?

SO LET'S MAKE OUR PICKS, IN THE COMMENTS, UTAH, SEATTLE, PORTLAND, OR SWEDEN?? LETS HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE US WAIT ANY LONGER!! 

ENJOY THIS PREATH STORY! p.s this is how I imagine a normal call between Tobs and Press would be...

======================

"Yooo." a voice says picking up the phone.

"Hey you..did you just wake up?" Christen Press asks her girlfriend. 

"Yea.." Tobin Heath says groggily. "..does someone have a new home?" 

Christen chuckles. She knows what Tobin's asking. She asks everyday.

"No..not yet. They have to tell me soon though..or at least give me time to decide."

"I still can't believe they traded you to Houston without your consent." 

"I know....the South is definitely on the bottom of my list." 

"So what do you want?" 

"Huh?" Christen asks.

Tobin could tell Chris was thinking hard. "...what do you want? Where would you like to go?" 

"Portland." Christen answers quickly. 

They stay silent for another moment.

"Can I talk to Mark about it.." Tobin later says.

"No Tobin..this has to happen on its own. I'm sure it will all work out." 

"Without me talking to him you won't get traded here. You're most likely going to Utah." 

"Well Utah's not that bad either. As long as it's not Seattle." 

"I know some people in Seattle..you might like it there." Tobin chuckles.

"I know Tobin. I love Allie and Pinoe, but I don't like the coaching staff or the facilities. Everything in Portland and Utah is perfect."

"Hey..we're not too perfect here." Tobin chuckles again.

"What do you mean?.." Christen chuckles back. "..state of the art training facilities, brilliant coaching staff, the fans are amazing...they have an excellent taste in players." 

"Yea..I guess we are perfect."

The two laugh. 

"..it's nerve racking though. Being here in California, waking up everyday wondering if I'm employed or not.." 

"I don't know the feeling, but I'm sure it's the worst." 

"I hope I get to be with you in Portland.." 

"Me too baby. Maybe a miracle can happen." 

"Who knows..it seems like the NWSL has no regard for their national team players..I mean trading without consent? Of rights? That's absolutely horrible." 

"You should've ran for U.S Soccer President instead of Hope baby." Tobin says playfully.

"Yea it seems that a normal career would be so much easier than soccer once in a while."