Snapshot

Roman silently cursed his terrible luck as he lay on the couch, the early morning lights from the sun peeking through the curtains. He cursed the early morning birds that had started to sing as he shifted on the uncomfortable couch. It was fine at first, it took a bit to get comfortable and he fell asleep... but various sounds and the lumpy couch slowly made it impossible to stay asleep. His mother had run a little late earlier that night and said she would bring his bed over the next day. Logan had purchased an inflatable bed to sleep on but Roman found the plastic to make him unbelievably covered in static. His abilities had a field day a he became a constant low charge. The tingling of the small sparks made it impossible to sleep so he had moved to the couch almost immediately. It felt like his entire body was fuzzy like static, almost like when your leg falls asleep and you can't shake it back 'awake'.

He rolled onto his back and looked up at the ceiling, hearing the soft footsteps of his upstairs neighbor and began to wonder why they were up so early. He huffed and threw his arm over his eyes, wishing the day would go away and leave him alone before it truly began. Roman had a full day of job hunting and begging Virgil to forgive him and this was not a great start. Although, if he was feeling negative he wasn't really up to searching for a new job on top of moving his stuff in and unpacking as well. As for Virgil...

Virgil had jumped back in time last night to that afternoon when they had seen him and immediately buddied up to his sister. Julie had a lot of dirt on Roman and he had kept her quiet with the promise when he dated, she had full reign. Luckily, Roman kept past boyfriends away from her for a long time. He thought Virgil wouldn't be there at that time and knew it was safe for her to drop him off. He didn't expect his potential date mate to spitefully time travel just to ruffle his feathers, even if Roman deserved it. It explained Virgil's initial confusion when he turned up that night with no memory of being there earlier that day.

He knew Virgil had anxiety issues and brushing him off a bit would come back and bite him but his pride and self-esteem worried about what would happen if he had told the truth. Why would Virgil want to date some jobless schmuck who couldn't even take him out on a nice date? It made no sense at first but Roman had it all planned out. He would move in, woo Virgil, do a few in-house movie nights while he saved up some cash and then take Virgil out on a nice dinner date where they would become official. There was music and mood lighting and rose petals raining from the sky in the scenario in his head but Roman knew it would be nothing like that. Currently, it wouldn't be anything at all if Virgil wouldn't forgive him for basically snubbing him after their first date.

Roman groaned, not wanting to think about this but unable to sleep. He knew he was on a steady path downward mentally and needed to stop, but was it worth waking up someone in the house as he stomped around to get ready so early? Or what if he got lost in the new neighborhood if he just went out for a walk?

The door next to the couch slowly clicked and Roman lifted his head and looked over. Slowly pushing the door open, Roman saw Patton's face peer through his door and look over at Roman, giving him a soft smile.

"Hey," Patton whispered, opening the door a bit more. Despite his messy bed head and pajamas, Patton had his glasses on and seemed more awake then anyone should at 4 am. "Not sleeping? Couch not comfy?"

Roman let his head fall back onto his pillow. "It's alright, I just woke up."

Patton walked out of his room and leaned on the armrest by his feet, looking down at Roman. "Ro, I can feel you spiraling from inside my room. I know you've been awake for a while." Instead of answering, Roman threw an arm over his eyes once more and groaned. "Come on, talk to me."

"I really don't want to, Patton." He heard Patton shift around and Roman slid his arm up to look at his roommate. "I'm sorry I woke you up, I'll try and settle down okay?" Patton kneeled down and rested his head on his arms next to Roman. "Patton-"