Upgrade

The second he heard a crash of multiple things tumbling to the ground somewhere in the store, Logan stopped and closed his eyes. With a moment to take a breath, he prayed that whatever fell wasn't broken or a mess he would have to spend far too much time cleaning up before turning and checking the aisles in the bookstore. He stopped at one with someone panicking as the kneeled on the floor and picking up a few books before placing them carefully on the ground in a stack.

"Is everything alright?" The person jumped and looked up at him, their long hair falling over their face as they pushed it out of the way. Once their face was revealed, Logan looked a bit shocked as he stared down at them.

"Oh, sorry about that!" The middle-aged woman stood up and held up the books before turning to Logan. "Oh, hey! Well, howdy neighbor! What are the odds of meeting you here?"

"Well, seeing as this is one of my places of employment, it was more likely than on average." Logan reached over and took some of the books from her. "Here, allow me to assist."

"Thank you. Logan, right?" She handed the books back and turned to the shelf, checking before replacing each book in its proper place. "Sorry about that, I'm a bit clumsy!"

"That is fine, it happens from time to time." Logan smiled down at the book in his hands about flower and plant life for a moment. They replaced the books quickly before Logan turned toward the older woman. "If you don't mind me asking, you were in a bit of a rush and hadn't properly introduced yourself last time."

She looked shocked before turning red from embarrassment. "Oh goodness, I am so silly! I haven't, have I? Well then!" She stuck out a hand for Logan to shake. "Name's Leslie! Nice to properly meet you!"

"Likewise." Logan shook the woman's hand and gave a smile. "Was there something I can assist you with?"

"Oh, yes! I was hoping I could get a few more books on gardening I suppose? I just got a job with the city to help out with the upkeep of the parks and I'm just making sure I didn't miss any books my first dozen times through." She smiled brightly as she waved her arms around as she talked. "I know I'm not the gardener but I want to be able to help as much as I can!"

Leslie turned back toward the books and skimmed through the titled eagerly as if hoping an unfamiliar name would pop out at her. Logan turned and looked up with a bit of a smile. "Well, tell me what exactly you are looking for and I will try my best to be of assistance."

In the end, Leslie ended up leaving empty handed but she went on a rant about how she was planning on planting more bee-friendly flowers around the city that sparked a fire in her eyes. Logan had walked back to the front of the building as his neighbor walked out when someone else had walked up to him.

"Hi there, do you work here?" Logan spun around and they smiled as they saw his name badge hanging from his shirt. "I was wondering if you have a community board?" They held out a flyer for Logan to take. "I was wondering if it was okay to hang this here."

"I'm back." Roman wasn't sure who was in the apartment as he closed the door behind him. He looked over at the couch and beelined for it before falling down and sprawling himself out on his back, letting out a loud frustrated sigh.

The soft sound of footsteps caused him to glance over and found Logan standing in the doorway. "I take it you had an eventful day." A loud groan was the only answer Logan received from the couch. "Another successful day then, I take it?" He responded, sarcastically.

Roman sighed a bit softer and let his arms fall, covering his eyes. "I have only received one offer and I really don't want to take it. It's another boring office job and the pay isn't even that great but it's better than the nothing I'm getting now."