Breaking Point

It was abruptly much calmer in the apartment as the young man revealed himself. Patton had checked on Three who reassured him he was fine. More annoyed over his situation than anything, he was glad he pulled this 'Clyde' off of him when he could. He huffed and disappeared in a flash of light, merging back into Patton.

Clyde had only taken a seat on the couch at Logan's insistence. He had his feet up on the coffee table for a total of three seconds before it moved out from underneath them, his feet quickly falling to the floor. Logan stared at him, his eyes still shining from moving the table before he shook his head.

"So, Clyde, are you thirsty? I can get you something to drink!"

Logan almost scoffed at the statement. "Please, Patton, that won't be necessary. He will answer our questions and be on his way."

"Now Logan, be nice. He hasn't done anything to you."

"He tried stealing my journal!" Logan turned to the book that sat on the table and reached out, lifting it into his hand telepathically. "Apparently, he had stolen it before! Why come back for it a second time?" He waved the journal at the intruder who simply looked away. "What would you benefit from stealing something you already stole? How did you even learn about it?"

The only response he got was a grin followed by silence. Logan grit his teeth as he grew impatient with the man. Clyde crossed his arms and leaned back into the couch, his scarf attempting to hide his smirk. "Like I would actually tell you."

"It's ok, Logan. No one was hurt and I'm sure he will apologize!" Patton smiled and motioned for Clyde to speak up. "Remember what it was like before we all found each other?" Logan eased up and turned away from the two. "I'm sure everything he's said and done was just him lashing out! We can talk about this peacefully."

"What he said? Had he said something?" Logan turned and glared over at the man on the couch as he ducked his head away. "What did he say?" Logan looked over at Patton who bit his lip and became uneasy. "Patton?"

The uneasy smile he was met with did nothing to calm Logan's nerves. "It's nothing! I mean, I should have seen it wasn't him. The voice was a little off, though he does a good job on the impressions, I was just nervous because I was actually worried you did want to break up with me but that's so silly because it was a stupid disagreement and-" Logan raised a hand, halting Patton's uneasy ranting before turning back to the couch.

Logan's eyes molten gold flashed for a brief moment and Clyde found himself staring him down, Logan grabbing hold of his shirt and scarf and pushing him into the couch. Patton jumped and attempted to lean forward to stop him before freezing, watching carefully. "You broke into our home numerous times. You lied and stole from us, you invaded our privacy, had the audacity to act tough about it, and then with my face, broke up with Patton?"

"Talk about invading privacy!" Clyde tugged at the iron grip holding him in place. "What, you just read my mind? Uncool, let me go!"

"You lost that right the second you decided it was okay to tamper with the lives of others." Logan shook the man on the couch and saw the flash of fear finally go through his eyes. "Why would you think that was okay?!"

"I thought it would be funny, sheesh! I needed him to leave me alone. No need to get all bent out of shape! Let me go!"

"Logan!" Patton reached forward and placed his hands on Logan's, nudging him to let go. "Clyde is just a kid, he was probably scared and this is not the way we should be handling it."

Logan's eyes finally dimmed back to their regular hue and he let go, dropping the other onto the couch. Clyde huffed and fixed his scarf and readjusted his beanie before glaring back up at Patton. "I'm not a kid."