The Next Day Part 1

Summary: A search begins... Or the search TRIES to begin but phone calls keep happening!

Warnings: Cursing, Panic, angry yelling, kidnapping, injuries(bruises)

Note: Savoir Faire
Definition: the ability to act or speak appropriately in social situations.

----

The trek home took far longer than any of them had hoped. When they managed to make it back to their apartment, the sun was already in the early morning sky. Virgil jogged up the stairs and pulled out a key before running in ahead of the others. He tossed the backpack onto the floor next to the door and raced over to the couch. He spun around and fell back before pulling up his legs and burying his face. The fabric of his hood, which he pulled up a while ago on their journey back home, completely hid his face.

Logan closed the door, and Patton watched Virgil closely while tugging at the hem of his shirt.

"That was good thinking, Patton," Logan whispered. "Telling the cops you were looking for a friend's missing pet. At least they have records of something happening to the Prince. It may come in handy in the future." Patton nodded and looked back to the floor, silent. Logan let out a soft sigh when he hadn't received any kind of verbal response. Patton glanced up at Virgil, and his frown deepened and he took a step back. Logan took the opening as an opportunity to slowly approach the couch. "I know you don't want to talk about it, Virgil, but we need to make a plan if we want to get Roman back." Logan waited for Virgil to move and the heavy silence between them grew. "We should rest a bit and then-"

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Virgil threw his head up, his face barely visible from his hair covering his face. "We don't have time to rest! Roman just got fucking kidnapped! The longer we wait, the more danger he is in!"

"Yes, and what do you expect us to do in our condition?" Logan raised his voice a bit in retaliation. "We can't help him even if we do find him right now. We should rest and come up with a plan first."

Virgil stood up and grit his teeth. "Fuck that!" His hands balled into fists and he stomped forward. "We go out there and we find him! Just like you found us the very first time, you can manage that, right?! Then when we know he's safe, we infiltrate, and I bash everyone's stupid face in! How's that for a plan?"

Logan held up his hands in surrender as Virgil grew closer. "It took me days to check the whole city last time and the buses won't be running this early!" Logan commented, hoping to ease Virgil's anger. "The sun is only just starting to rise."

Virgil backed off and began to pace. "No no no no no! We need to find him now. I can't just sit around and wait!" Virgil growled and kicked a pillow on the ground from the bed he had placed before everything. The sight of the blankets and pillows seemed to be Virgil's current target for his frustrations. He had been in denial about the whole thing the entire walk home. He was silent, almost in a daze as the reality of the situation started to settle in. Now he was simply frustrated with himself that he was so useless to stop it! When Roman needed him most, he stood there, frozen and too afraid and in shock to do anything. Now he was fired up and unable to stand by and wait.

Logan watched Virgil's panic fueled rampage from the sidelines, unsure how to help as he looked over at Patton. "Any help here?" Patton looked up, his fists were now on his chest grabbing at his shirt, balling them up in his hands. Patton seemed a little panicked himself and shook his head quickly. Logan looked between the two as something clicked. Desperation. Panic. Empath. "Patton, please step out of the room for a moment while I try to calm down Virgil. Do those breathing practices like you taught me, alright?"

Wordlessly Patton nodded in agreement before turning to retreat into his bedroom, shutting the door loudly behind him. Logan turned back to Virgil and went to stop his pacing and destruction of the pillows before thinking better of it. He didn't want to get caught in the crossfire. "Virgil, can you breathe with me?"