Sweet and Tart

Patton was almost skipping he way back home, holding Logan's hand as they crossed the street from the bus stop. Patton held a container of cookies in his hand that they had baked after Logan convinced him to bring some home to share so he wouldn't eat them all. They walked up to the porch as they spotted a woman walking out of the door on the porch next to theirs as she locked up and turned around. She stopped once she spotted them and smiled as they walked up the stairs onto the porch.

"Oh well goodness me! Would you be my new downstairs neighbors?" She smiled, her tired eyes crinkling as she did. She was older than them a bit Logan theorized, possibly closer to middle-aged then the boys were. "It's lovely to finally meet you!"

Patton unhooked his hand from Logan's and extended it out to her. "Hi there! My name's Patton!" He shook the older woman's hand and looked over his shoulder. "This is Logan!" Patton's smile grew and he giggled to himself. "He's my boyfriend!"

"Oh gosh, that is so sweet!" Logan blushed at the woman's words. "Well, it's nice to meet you two boys! I'm in a rush or I'd love to talk, maybe another time?"

Patton opened the container and pulled out a cookie to the woman. "Here! We just came back from a bakery, would you like one?"

The woman smiled as she accepted the treat. "Thank you, Patton! Sorry, I must be on my way. Have a good evening you two!"

Their new neighbor walked down the stairs before taking long strides down the sidewalk and disappeared from view. Patton smiled and looked over at Logan as he closed the container once more. "She seems really nice!"

Logan kept his eyes focused down the street before answering. "She never gave her name," he mumbled before looking up at Patton. "I suppose she was in a hurry. Now, let's get inside, shall we?"

Logan walked forward and held the door open for Patton who thanked him as he raced inside. As the front door opened, the sudden noise caused Virgil to jump away from Roman on the couch, pushing the other as he fell sideways. He scurried to the opposite side of the sofa as Roman had stumbled forward onto his feet to prevent himself from falling to the ground.

"Oh my gosh ROMAN! I have something to tell you!" Patton raced up to Roman who smiled back at the other.

"Patton! I have something to share as well!" Roman reached out to Patton and placed a hand on his arm.

"So Logan brought me to this bakery-"

"Virgil and I were watching a movie and-"

"-and we baked these delicious cookies, see?!"

"-yes, we ate that pizza thank you! So, Virgil-"

"Oh gosh, he's so good at baking! Anyway, we were talking and-"

"-completely surprised me and I got the chance to ask and-"

"-NOW HE'S MY BOYFRIEND!"

The last part of their sentence merged into one as they spoke.

"Wait, you're dating Logan now?" Roman questioned curiously.

Patton gasped and smiled up at Roman. "You two are dating?! Oh my goodness!"

"No, wait! It just happened!" Roman looked back at Virgil before looking over at Logan as he walked across the room. "How did you manage to get together before Virgil and me?"

"Well, perhaps if it weren't for your trepidation about asking out Virgil in the first place you two would already be together?" Logan didn't bother hiding the smug look on his face.