Downhill

"I can't believe you've been keeping this from me!" Patton couldn't hide the waver in his voice as he tried to hide how hurt he truly felt. "You know how much I wanted this so why did you lied to me?"

"I did not lie!" Rolling his eyes, Logan shook his head as he spoke. "You never asked."

"Withholding information is a lie of omission, Logan!" Patton stomped a bit closer as Logan seemed uncomfortable as he was called out. "You knew I wanted it more than anything! Why would you keep it from me?"

"We are not ready for the responsibility-"

"I can handle it!"

"We are not getting a dog!" Patton opened his mouth but didn't get a word out before Logan cut him off once more. "Or a cat, you are allergic! Yes, the lease says we can have a pet but we are still settling in! We are not home enough or financially stable enough to handle a dog."

"Puppies, Logan!" Patton sounded defeated, knowing Logan made complete sense in his argument. "They need a home! And!" Patton perked up and smiled at a thought. "I can just leave Two here to watch after it every day! There, problem solved!"

Logan's shoulders tensed up more and he turned away. "Patton, making copies drains you, you can't do it every day or you'll be too tired to do anything after a week." He looked back to catch Patton's face falling, the smile washing away. "Perhaps we can talk to the others about it but I don't see it being feasible for us right now."

"Is that a maybe?" Logan knew he would regret it but he nodded his head a bit as his boyfriend perked right back up. "Oh yay! Thank you! It'll be great, we can raise it together and it can be like our child!"

"No!" Logan's shout was a surprise to both of them, but he refused to back down from his answer. "No. I said it wouldn't be possible right now. No pets."

"B-but you just said-"

"Well, now I'm saying no!" Logan turned and quickly headed for the door. "I have to go to work."

"Wait!" Logan hesitated with his hand resting on the doorknob. "You said you had the day off! We were going to have a date night!"

Squeezing the knob, Logan threw the door open quickly. "When I return back we can discuss this. I am needed at the bakery for a little bit."

Patton watched the door softly shut and wrapped his arms around himself, replaying their discussion over in his head again and again. Logan's behavior changed suddenly, but Patton couldn't quite figure out why. He marched halfway to the door before stopping, deciding against chasing after Logan. A little bit of time was all he should need to cool off from whatever made him snap.

"Patton?" Turning around, Patton spotted Virgil standing in the doorway, eyeing the door warily. "You okay?"

"Yeah, of course, I am!" Virgil seemed to huff and Patton didn't bother with a smile as he sighed. "I don't know, something is bothering Logan. I've been trying to get him to talk to me about his feelings but it feels like he's starting to close himself off again." Rubbing a spot in the center of his chest, Patton closed his eyes. "I can't get a good feeling on him lately. He's been all over the place."

Virgil walked up and placed a hand on Patton's shoulder, getting his attention. "I'll go talk to him for you, Pat. Don't worry."

Virgil immediately headed for the front door and ran out, chasing after his moody roommate. He looked both ways down the sidewalk and noticed him standing at the bus stop just at the end of the block. He walked to the end of the street and looked both ways before jogging up to the bus stop. Logan was standing underneath the protective overhang above the bench, doing his best to look away from the sound of footsteps that were approaching.