By A Thread

Warnings: Violence, shouting, panic attacks, cursing, angst, kidnapping, being bound, brief mention of drinking.

LOGAN!" Virgil sprinted across the living room and all the blankets he had left on the floor. "LOGAN!" Virgil rammed into Logan's door slightly as he struggled to open it as fast as he could.

Inside, Logan was fast asleep. Curled up under his blankets with his glasses on the nightstand, he was blissfully unaware of Virgil's pleas, unable to hear him as Virgil was shouting into the echoing silence that came paired with frozen time. Virgil didn't care about Logan's sleep schedule; he stumbled forward and gripped his shoulders, tugging as hard as he could.

Logan was pulled free and quickly blinked, staring up at the figure before him. Virgil smiled, glad to have woken him up so easily, before he felt something shove against him hard. Virgil let go and was thrown back off of the bed and onto the floor, groaning as he made contact with the rough carpet.

Logan jumped up from his bed, eyes flashing bright gold as he stood over him, ready to strike once more.

"Logan, wait! It's me!" Logan's eyes dimmed and be blinked, squinting and trying to take in what he was seeing. Virgil reached up and pulled off the mask he was wearing that he had nearly forgotten about as he sat up. "It's Virgil."

"Virgil?" Logan rubbed his eyes and sighed. "There are better ways to wake me up, honestly. What were you thinking..." Logan spun around, carefully making his way to his nightstand and reaching for his glasses. He placed them on and looked down toward the clock before groaning. "Why are you waking me up at four in the morning?"

"Logan, I need your help!" Virgil quickly shot up from the floor.

"I would say so. I thought you were out with Roman? Furthermore, why aren't you asleep yet? You both have work tomorrow!"

Reaching out, Virgil grabbed Logan's shoulders and squeezed. "Roman's being kidnapped."

Obviously still waking up, Logan blinked and let the words sink in a bit before nodding. "Ah, well, that explains--what?!"

Virgil slowly pulled back and watched Logan as he started to panic. "I've frozen time but Roman is currently being shoved into a van and he's unconscious and I don't know what happened? I came back to set up sleep and I wanted to wash my face and things are just easier when I don't have to worry about what works and what doesn't in frozen time so I was just going to be a few minutes but then I went back and I couldn't find him and I started to panic but then -- " Virgil took a moment to breathe, placing a hand on his chest -- "I found his stuff and he was half a block away, being taken..."

"That is..." Logan held up his hands. "That is rather quick thinking Virgil, but you need to breathe and relax. In and out, nice and slow."

"But, Roman!"

"Is fine, since nothing can happen right now. Let's focus on you so you can help us, okay?" Virgil nodded and Logan smiled back. "Now, breathe in and hold, two, three, four..."

After helping Virgil through a brief set of breathing exercises, Logan stepped away to give him some space. "Thanks."

"Of course. Now, let's go wake Patton and make a plan, shall we?"

Logan led the way out of his room and through their apartment, stopping and staring at the mess that was on the floor in the living room. "Sorry," Virgil mumbled. "We were going to nap on the floor before all this happened."

"That is fine. You can nap on the floor when this is done, if you so desire." Logan turned and smiled at Virgil. "Okay?"

"Okay." His tone was soft, almost impossible to hear.