Cotton Candy

Warning: Mild talk about anxiety and panic in the beginning

Roman was trying to hide the fact that inside, he was kind of freaking out. He had one last chance to come up with a date idea to try and win Virgil back and if it didn't go well then everything was going to be completely ruined! He was not exaggerating at all! Living with his crush that denied him after giving him a second chance? He would just move back home and hide under his covers and bolt his door shut for eternity and that was not him being dramatic at all! Honestly, it was his back up plan at this point.

Virgil sat on the couch with his headphones on, ignoring the fact that Roman was pacing around the apartment. His room was still full of boxes but he seemed to need to move around and burn off the energy. Virgil could feel his hair stand on end as Roman walked by caused by the man's static charge. He tried focusing on the audiobook Logan had got for him to try to ease his anxieties but Roman certainly wasn't helping. Virgil was tempted to retreat back to his room but being locked up in there to avoid everyone usually just made him feel a bit worse before he got better.

Normally at times like this with his heightened anxiety, Virgil would simply freeze time and wait for it to pass. He had done it all his life. He hated wasting his days away hiding under blankets and in the dark, not enough energy to get out of bed but growing anxious at the idea of wasting all of his time every day. It was a never-ending cycle until one day he froze time and rode it out. It worked out well in the long run. He never wasted any more time since technically he would sit in a space where time didn't exist in a way. However, he wasn't going to do that anymore, he was too afraid to. Not after last time he had done it panicking, it nearly cost them their lives. It actually did cost the lives of a dozen or more random civilians plus their old apartment and anyone not lucky enough to escape. The hell creature Virgil accidentally released still popped up in his nightmares, the growling sound of static filling his ears made his heart pound like it was going to burst.

He dug his nails into his palm subconsciously as Roman walked by once more. He hadn't used his abilities at all when he moved back home with his father. His old man never questioned him past what he was willing to talk about and he knew he simply made him nervous. It wasn't until he came back and saw all the others looking at him with their smiling faces and knowing he was accepted for being him that he suddenly felt like it was okay. He felt safe around them and it was almost like nothing had happened. When he was told he did travel back to that afternoon, Virgil didn't waste the opportunity to jump back knowing it was going to work out. Being surrounded by his roommates just made him feel protected and calm. If they could take down that creature from who knows where and all survive, then they could handle pretty much anything.

Except for this. Definitely not this. When Roman entered the room once more, Virgil tore his headphones off of his ears and grit his teeth. "Would you just stop?" Roman froze and looked over at Virgil as if he hadn't realized he was there. "Your pacing is really starting to piss me off."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I not allowed to pace in my own home?" Roman spoke curiously but he couldn't hide the annoyance in his words.

Virgil scoffed at Roman and he felt his nails dig in a bit deeper into his hands. "Am I not allowed to relax? You could do that somewhere else, I was here first. Leave."

"What is your problem?" Roman placed his hands on his hips. "Seriously, I didn't even do anything to you!"

Patton's door flew open suddenly as he stood there, staring the two down. He had a button up shirt that was halfway undone and his hair was a complete mess. "I'm trying to get ready for my date with Logan and not stick my nose into your business but is the fighting necessary?" He crossed his arms and looked over at Roman. "There is no need to raise your voices!" He turned to speak to Virgil but froze. "Oh. Oh gosh, I'm so stupid." He moved around the couch and sat down next to Virgil carefully. "Do you need a hug?"