First steps and nightmare ( part 1 )

Author's note: Before you start can you please check out my new original story called Moonlight? It's a fantasy story with supernatural creatures and sorcery. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

("It will mean so much to me. It's my original story. Please read it. ")

Other than that, please enjoy your reading, and thanks for giving a chance to my stories.

Summertime:

Kacy's pov: It's finally summer and no more studying with dad or mom. I woke up and went downstairs to eat breakfast. When I went downstairs the only person I see his dad. What a good way to start the day.

Kacy: Good morning.

Klaus: Morning. Your mom has gone shopping with Grace.

Kacy: Okay.

Klaus: Your food is being done.

Kacy: How did you know I was awake?

Klaus: You make a lot of noise when you wake up. Now stop staring at me and go do something useful with your free time while you wait for your food.

Kacy: Okay.

What a great morning, right? This is actually a quite normal day for me. I just wished he loved me.

Klaus's pov:

I was watching a movie when I heard a noise upstairs so I knew Kacy was up. I didn't want to talk to her so I knew as soon as possible she would come downstairs and order her food so I got up and started making her something to eat.

Kacy: Good morning.

Klaus: Morning. Your mom has gone shopping with Grace.

Kacy: Okay.

Klaus: Your food is being done.

Kacy: How did you know I was awake?

Klaus: You make a lot of noise when you wake up. Now stop staring at me and go do something useful with your free time while you wait for your food.

Kacy: Okay.

She always tries to use small words when she talks to me so she can get rid of me as soon as possible and I'm actually glad because I don't want to talk to her either.

After a short period of time, the food was ready so I went to the living room to call her. She was laying there on the couch hugging the pillow and she was watching the movie that I was watching before I got up to make her food. She is so quiet when she watches TV and she doesn't move at all until the movie is over or someone gets her up like I'm gonna do right now.

Klaus: Kacy. Go eat, love.

She got up still not looking away from the movie and walking slowly towards the door. She accidentally bumped her leg to the small table and she finally broke eye contact with the TV.

I smiled when she bumped, but she didn't notice that and went to the kitchen. I sat down and continued watching the movie. Just a few minutes later Kacy came back sat close to me. I stared at her and when she noticed she backed away a bit. I kept staring at her until she was on the same spot she was before on the other side of the sofa. I love the effect I have on this child.

There was a baby in the movie who just made the first steps and her parents looked so proud of her. I remembered when Grace walked for the first time. It brought joy to my face. I love her. I looked at Kacy. She was crawled up in a ball. I remember her first steps too. It was quite strange.

Flashback

Sarah was having a shower and Grace was sleeping. Unfortunately, Kacy was a very energetic little person that didn't need a lot of sleep at day so she was always crawling around. She liked to climb a lot so she always climbed up the couch and me. I had my feet up on the small table and Kacy was "painting" on the table when she decided she wanted to crawl around. After exploring the living room she came close to my legs. I wasn't paying attention to her because I was watching TV. She held her hand up to catch my leg She finally caught it and now she was standing on her knees. I finally looked at her and saw what she was doing. My first thought was to remove the leg, but I knew she would fall badly on the ground or she would bump her head on the table. Sarah would be mad.

Klaus: What are you doing love?

She kept laughing when I moved my leg just a bit. She got up in one leg and then the other and now she was standing on her feet. I knew immediately that these were her first steps. She laughed as she hugged my leg and tried to climb up. Then Sarah came with a towel around her shoulders.

Sarah: Oh my god! She is walking. Let me grab the camera.

Klaus: No don't grab the camera, love.

Too late she was running around the house trying to find the camera and she finally found it and started recording. I tried not to look at the camera, so I looked at Kacy. I have to admit that I was curious about what she would do next. She understood that she couldn't climb my legs from there so she came closer to the couch and started using the couch to help her climb up. She finally did it and now she was climbing my body and when she finally reached my stomach, she sat and looked at me and smiled then she tried to lean in so she could rest on my chest, but I pushed her and she almost fell so I had to catch her and put her back where she was sitting. Now she smiled again and tried to lean in again. I didn't know what to do. Pushing her is out of the list after what just happened and I can't ruin this moment for Sarah. She would never forgive me so I had to let Kacy do whatever she wanted. She put her small head on my chest and crawled up and I had to hold her with one arm so she wouldn't fall.

Klaus: You just wanted to cuddle didn't you? Okay, why don't you show your mom how you walk.

I got up with her in my arms and then I got on my knees, put her on the ground and held her on her feet.

Klaus: Go to mommy, love. Come on.

Kacy started walking towards Sarah so Sarah gave me the camera to record. She looked so happy waiting for Kacy to take her first steps towards her. I'm just glad I didn't ruin the moment and I was rewarded with the most beautiful smile on the planet.

End of flashback.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏