Chain link fence

Killian's pov:

I have stayed with my daughter for more than an hour and she is not doing good. Her temperature is higher. I need to take her to the hospital right now. 

Killian: Little one. Wake up.

She opened her eyes a little bit.

Killian: Come on. You need to wake up love. We need to get you to the hospital.

Kacy: No I'm tired. I wanna sleep.

Killian: Little one come on you're sick. Get up.

Kacy: Daddy I don't wanna go. Please don't make me.

Did she just called me dad?! I shrugged it off and tried waking her again.

Killian: We have to go.

Kacy: I can't breathe very good.

I have to get her to the hospital right now. I picked her up and took her to my car. I drove as fast as I could. We finally made it to the hospital. 
When I got there the nurses came as fast as they could and took her from my arms. They took her away and stopped me from running after her. One of the nurses stayed to asked me some questions.

The nurse: What happened to her?

Killian: She has a very high temperature. She started talking nonsense and when I woke her up she said that she couldn't breathe well.

The nurse: Ok sir. You have to wait here now. Please don't move.

Killian: But I have to go. I have to be. I have. With her. I need to be.

I was freaking out now. Why was this bothering me?!

The nurse: How are you related with her?

Killian: I'm her biological father.

The nurse: Ok than sir. We are going to take good care for her. Don't worry. Please sit down and we will call you as soon as possible.

Killian: Okay.

It felt like hours while I waited. I was so scared. Why am I feeling like this? I didn't want her. Right?

The doctor came. I got up immediately.

The doctor: You are the father I guess.

Killian: Yes. That's me.

The doctor: Well your daughter is stable now. Her temperature dropped.  Did you know that she has a lung disease which is very rare and there are a few people around the world that have it. We still don't know what's it called and we still don't know if it's incurable or not, but we are working on it.

Killian: I did not know that.

The doctor: But with the tests we did we found out that she was diagnosed with this disease a few years ago.

Killian: I'm sorry. I don't know much. She used to live with her mom until a few days ago.

The doctor: Okay than. Do you have any questions about the disease?

Killian: Is she? You know? Dying or something?

I don't know why, but it felt very awkward asking that question.

The doctor: I'm afraid so.

This hit me right in the heart.

Killian: How much has she left?

The doctor: She has one to five years. We don't know exactly. As I said this disease it's really rare and we don't have much experience with this disease.