First steps and nightmare (part 3)

I sat there in front of Kacy and looked at her while I thought about what could have happened. I don't know for how much I stayed like that, but I knew that I heard the front door unlocking and got up immediately and went to see. I knew who was at the door. I went to the door. Grace saw me and came to hug me.

Grace: Hey dad.
Klaus: Hey.

I looked at her and then at Sarah. My smile disappeared immediately.

Klaus: Sweetie can I talk to your mum, please?
Grace: Sure dad. Where is Kacy?
Klaus: She's sleeping. Do not disturb her. She's finally quite.
Grace: Okay. I'm going in my room then.

She went upstairs to her room I turn my head towards Sara and I walked to her, she smiled at me, but I didn't smile back. She came close for a kiss but I refused.

Sarah: What's wrong with you?
Klaus: It's about Kacy. I think she is sick. Remember when you told me that maybe she had a mental illness or something?
Sarah: What happened?! You're scaring me, Klaus.
Klaus: She had a nightmare, but her reaction was priceless. I never thought I'd see her so scared. When I touched her she backed away. When I talked to her she had a hard time knowing who I was? When I moved a bit, she started shaking from fear because she thought that I was going away and leaving her alone with the monster of her dreams. Something is really wrong with her.
Sarah: Maybe it was just a nightmare. Maybe we don't need to worry. I mean she's a child every child has nightmares, right?
Klaus: I'm not worried about her. I don't care about her, but I know that she is my daughter and Morgana's daughter too. I know what Morgana is capable of and I know how strong she is and I know that Kacy will be the same as her. She will have powers like her mother. That's what I'm worried. We shouldn't have to deal with this. This is all your fault. You should have never taken her from Morgana. You know better than anyone else that she belongs to her. I know you don't want to admit it, but we can't take care of her. This will put our daughter in danger and I'm talking about Grace here. Our daughter. The one that we have together. Our real daughter. She's in so much danger because of Kacy. You just have to think about it. She doesn't belong to us  I made a decision almost 12 years ago about not accepting her as my daughter you should have stayed by my choice. You did wrong.
Sarah: Why would this be a problem?! Maybe it was just a normal nightmare.
Klaus: You know better than anyone else that this wasn't just a nightmare! You know better than anyone else Sarah. Morgana had nightmares too and they weren't good. She would wake up at night! Shaking from fear and screaming at the top of her lungs, just like Kacy did an hour ago!
Sarah: Maybe she is not my daughter by blood, but she is in my heart.

She started crying a bit.

Sarah: Maybe she isn't mine, but we both know that she is yours! I know you got hurt, but now your daughter is hurting too! She is so broken and so unhappy because she believes that her father doesn't love her. It feels to me that you're killing her slowly. This may be the worst thing that you have done to a person before in all your life and your life has been a very long life and we both know that. I'm just gonna give you an advice. Better start being a good father now or you will end up the same as Michael. He never got the chance to know how truly amazing you were and still are and Kacy will end up like you. Fatherless, angry with the world and lonely. Just like you, she will wonder every day why she wasn't good enough to be your daughter. You better make a decision soon Klaus. Don't lose her or you will regret for the rest of your life and that will be a very long time, my dear.

I stayed there, just staring blankly at her. I wasn't like Michael. He was 100 per cent worse.
She walked away to the living room, to Kacy. Kacy was a bit awake cause her eyes were open a little bit and she was looking to the ground. Sarah went and crouched down near her and when she touched her cheek, she immediately backed away against the sofa.

Sarah: Hey. It's me. It's mom. It's okay.

As soon as she heard her mother's voice, she jumped at her, hugging her and immediately calming down.

Kacy: Mommy!

She cried on her mother's shoulder.

Sarah: I'm here.
Kacy: I'm scared. I thought someone would hurt me and you weren't here. It was terrifying. Mommy!

Now I know why she didn't calm down so fast when I comforted her. It wasn't that she was scared, but she didn't feel safe even when I was there cause she thought that if someone would come to harm her, I would let them do that. She just needed her mom.

Sarah: Nothing will harm my little girl. Not for as long as I am alive. I promise.
Kacy: I love you.
Sarah: I love you too.

Sarah sat next to her and held her in her arms while she had her head in her mother's shoulder and closed her eyes. Sarah stroked her head and hugged her closely while she kissed the top of her head like she was trying to tell her that nobody could take her away from her. She had blocked every exit from anyone else who would try to harm her little girl. I got hurt by the things Sarah said to me. Kacy is not like me at anything and I don't want her to be. I don't want her in my life and I will do everything to get her away so this way Grace will be safe. My little Grace.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏