Chapter 23

Chapter 23

KYE's POV

As we walked through the forest, the sun shone brightly through the trees, making the ground sparkle. The smell of fresh dew reminded me of playing with my dogs.

Dad was slowly walking along with a pair of crutches, while the others were ahead bickering.

"You're being especially moody today Sasuke, whats your problem!?!" Naruto yelled at a glowering duck-butt.

"Naruto, leave Sasuke alone" Sakura snapped.

Ignoring them, I stared at the ground thinking about what dad had said earlier.

We had suspicions that Zabuza was still alive, and that the masked girl was working for him. First of all, the masked kid used the needles to hit Zabuza's neck, not his heart or a more deadly pressure point. Also, she didn't dispose of his body right then and there, she took it away.

"If Zabuza is still alive, then we're probably going to get attacked again..."

Interrupting my thoughts, Dad placed a hand on my head.

"Don't worry about Zabuza kiddo, he'll need some time to recover." He smiled.

"Alright you guys, stop arguing, and also this should be good for training." He said loudly.

"HELL YEAH!" Naruto screamed.

"Sheesh. does he always have to yell?"

"Ok... before that though, I want to talk to you about the shinobi ability, chakra." Dad said.

Naruto's face suddenly looked as if someone slapped him with a confusion sandwich.

"Uhhh... um what's chakra?" Naruto asked slowly.

"Oh... great... he was probably asleep in those classes."

"YOU'RE A NINJA AND YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!?! WHAT DID YOU LEARN IN SCHOOL!?!?!" The Pink-banshee scorned.

Naruto laughed nervously and stated that he was usually asleep in the "hard" classes.

I looked at Dad, and if his hair wasn't already silver, I would've seen the gray hairs growing.

"Alright then! Sakura why don't you explain chakra." Dad sighed.

"LISTEN NARUTO!! I'm going to explain it simply so your slow brain can understand it." Sakura stated, standing up straighter.

Sakura continued to explain chakra, and as I already knew about it, I just stood around nodding. I got bored in the middle of her explanation on hand signs, so I sat down on the ground, drawing with a kunai.

Once Sakura was over with her lecture, Naruto still seemed confused.

"I didn't understand that complicated explanation, but isn't that something you learn with your body?" Naruto asked.

"Naruto's right, we can already use chakra in our jutsu." Sasuke suddenly spoke up.

"Ahg, when he doesn't talk for a long time, I forget he is there sometimes."

"Nope, You guys aren't using chakra properly, you're just guessing at how much you need to use." Dad said with another exasperated sigh.

"What!?" Pikachu shouted.

Dad further explained chakra on a deeper level, he also took this chance to explain the training for today.

"...in order to learn how to control chakra better, you have to go through very intensive training." He stated.

"What are we going to do then?" Sakura questioned.

"By Climbing trees of course." Dad answered.