Chapter 20

Filled with too much excited energy, I laid on my bed thinking about the mission. This would be my first mission, so I wanted it to be very successful. Our assignment was to observe a rogue ninja cult, and report back.

"Should I get up super early and train?"

Debating, I figured it would b better to get a good nights sleep than extra training. With that over, I rolled over and surprisingly fell immediately asleep. 

Time Skip

Waking up, I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair. I practically sprinted into the kitchen, to see dad sitting at the table with two bowls of oatmeal next to him.

"Is that for me?" I asked hopefully.

"No I am eating both bowls." Dad said in a deadpan voice.

Grabbing the bowl, I was about to dig in, when my eyes suddenly started stinging. Assuming they were dry again, I walked to the bathroom and put some eyes drops in. Sitting back down at the table, Dad asked, "What was that about?"

"Oh my eyes were just stinging for some reason, probably tired, I stayed up late last night." I responded casually.

"Mmmk..." Dad muttered.

Ignoring his non-verbals, I scarfed down my oatmeal and ran towards the door.

"Don't forget your sword, and make sure to work as a team!" Dad shouted.

"I won't, and don't worry, I had the best ninja teach me the importance of teamwork." I yelled back, opening the door.

Time skip

Yawning, I walked up to the academy to see Soto and Lee waiting outside.

"You're late sleepy head." Soto scolded.

I just tapped him on the head, and fist-bumped Lee. Making sure we had all the supplies we needed, we set out to the last known location of the rogue ninjas.

Whooshing through the trees, we discussed our strategy. Soto being the best at stealth jutsu, he would go first and scout for traps. When the coast is clear, I'll go in next, and see if I can get within ear shot of the rogues. Lee is our look out, and will notify us if any other ninjas come.

If anything goes extremely wrong, we will send out some sort of signal to far away proctors. Along with my sword, I had a lighting tube strapped to my back, for the signal.

"You guys ready?" I asked.

"H**l yeah!" Soto said.

"Y-yeah!" Lee exclaimed hesitantly.

A/N Short chap. I'll post another later today. Hopefully I'll finish the story. :)