Chapter 30

The crickets were chirping, and the crescent moon shed a beautiful glow, reflecting its radiance on the still water. Sitting on the docks, dangling my bare feet in the water, I munched on a stick of pocky.

Technically it was dinner time, but as I wasn't particularly hungry, I decided to skip.

I thought of the massive, yet elegant, sword Zabuza used. Dad told me it was one of the Great Ninja Swords of the Mist. The likelihood if me obtaining the weapon was slim, as I wasn't a hidden mist ninja.

Unsheathing my own sword, I thought of the memories which were stained into the blade. The dark navy katana was previously my brother Ryuku's.

I felt bad about my longing for a different blade.

"Ryu, I hope you're happy in heaven." I said aloud.

I was startled when the door to the house opened to reveal Dad walking towards me. Quickly, I sheathed my sword.

"The moon is beautiful tonight." Dad said as he seated himself beside me.

"Yeah, but I like the view from the Hokage faces better." I responded.

We sat in silence for a few moments, but was broken when Dad started, "You seem to be thinking about something, you wanna talk about it?" He placed a hand on my head, knowing that this was a comforting gesture for me.

"Honestly, I've been thinking about Zabuza's big sword." I laughed. Returning the gesture by Placing my hand on Dad's almost gravity defying hair.

"Ahh, Kubikiribocho... that sword's a little big isn't it?" Dad said with a hint of amusement.

"Ha. I bet I could wield it someday!" I said defiantly.

"Maybe. We would have to defeat Zabuza first." Dad replied.

"Don't worry, we'll take him down easy." I reassured him.

Dad suddenly grew very serious and looked me in the eye saying, "When Zabuza attacks, I want you to stay away from him Understand?"

"Why would you ask me that, when I know you're going to be near him? I'm not going to just let you fight him alone." I demanded.

"Not that I underestimate your abilities in the slightest.." I added quickly.

"He's too powerful for you to fight him. What if he manages to separate us like he did last time? Plus, this time he's going to be prepared for my Sharingan." Dad replied.

"Well he doesn't know about mine..." I argued.

"Kye just listen, I need you to protect the others. Especially Sakura." He said in a low voice.

"Fine. But if Zabuza comes to me, I'm not running." I grumbled.

"That's my girl, once we get home, things will go back to normal and we won't have to be looking over our shoulders as much." He finished. 

"Definitely, I haven't had much time to read..." I stated in agreement pointing to Dad's  pocket which likely  held a bright orange book. 

He just responded with a smile.

A/N Hey guys! I just wanted to have a little touching moment between Kye and Kakashi before the next event. Just FYI, the writing ahead will be slightly shaking because it's hard to write battle sequences. So I apologize in advance. 

Another note, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR 10k views!!!! 🎉❤️❤️ I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying the story, although more comments would be appreciated. Anyway, remember to vote, comment and tell your friends!! :D