Awkward...

*Lapis' POV*

Peri leads me up to her room. Her room confirms that she really does love aliens. I sit down on her bed watching her search for something on her tv stand.

"Here. All my music is kind of lame so you can be in charge of that" she says laughing a bit and handing me a speaker. I pull my phone out and shuffle my music while Peri sits beside me on the bed.

"So uhm- what do you wanna talk about?" Peri says awkwardly touching her neck and pulling her feet up to sit criss cross.

I giggle a bit. Is she always this awkward or is it just me.

"Dork. Chill out you don't have to be all awkward around me." I say giving her the most sincere smile I can.

I notice a blush spread across her face. Why is she being so shy and cute...I mean I'M shy but not like that.

"Oh-uhm- sorry I just suck at like. People." she chokes out before facepalming into her hands.

"Don't worry about it. I'm obviously not the most social person either" I say, laughing at her a bit.

"I can usually at least like TALK to people without embarrassing myself." she replies joining me in my laugh.

"Well we're talking now aren't we?" I tease before changing the song.

"I don't know I just get a little choked up around you that's all." she says as she falls backwards onto the bed and uncrosses her legs. She gets choked up around me? She definatly made that sound like it's just me right? Why do I make her choked up...

"Around me? Why is that?" I ask in attempt to get answers to my questions.

"Uh I don't- I don't know.. I didn't mean to say that out loud." she says covering her face with her arms. Well that didn't help. I set the speaker down on the bed and lay on my elbows next to Peri's awkward self.

"You can be honest you know. I don't judge." I say laughing a little to keep the mood light.
Peri groans and sits up a bit to look at me.

"I really dont know. I just get so nervous and anxious around you..." she says laying back once again. There's no way she's gay. Besides me and steven's moms I don't know a single other person in this town that's not straight. The way she's acting right now says otherwise though... I have an idea.