You Don't Have To Be Alone

~TRIGGER WARNING YA'LL THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS SELF HARM SO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM IF THAT WILL UPSET YOU AND ILL THROW A SUMMARY IN SO YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING~

*Lapis' POV*

I head inside to my room. Garnet probably walked over to the Quartz's house cause she didn't greet me when I walked in. I reach in my dresser and pull out my favorite dark blue bikini. Once I get it on I start to put on some jean shorts when a glance in the mirror at myself stops me. I look at my arms and legs and a weight piles onto my chest. Ugly horizontal lines ranging in shapes, sizes, and colors cover my forearms and thighs. How the fuck am I supposed to go swimming with Peridot when I look like this. She is gonna think I'm crazy and not like me anymore...usually I swim alone and it isn't a problem..

I sit on my floor and put my head in my hands. I want to do this with her but I can't let her see this... okay Lazuli, be rational. If she likes you, and she is worth investing interest and time in, them she won't hate you for hating yourself. She will still want to be around you...

I let out a heavy sigh and finish getting my Jean shorts and a thin white long sleeve shirt on and head back out to the car.

*time skip*

*Peridot's POV*

I really love hanging out with this girl. She showed me some of the little stores along the beach and we got a bunch of samples at the ice cream place. We have just been walking around for a while letting the ice cream settle a bit before swimming. She is so perfect honestly. Every time I look at her I have to keep myself from bursting into a fit of smiles. I guess I have to deal with the fact that I like her. My mom would absolutely kill me if she knew I liked a girl though...

We reach the water and I begin to take my shoes and over-shirt off. I'm wearing swim trunks and a bikini top along with my galaxy snapback. I look over to Lapis who hasn't started changing yet. She's just sitting there looking at the water.

"You okay Lazuli?" I ask putting my hand on her shoulder causing her to jump.

"Oh- yeah.. yeah I'm fine" she says followed by a not very believable smile. I walk into the water and turn to face the girl.

"Come on it feels great!" I shout before fully getting in. Lapis takes her shirt and shorts off and follows me in. We swim and play around in the water until it starts to get dark.

"Shit it's cold" I say, wrapping up in a towel. Lapis laughs and drys her self off before laying her towel out for us to sit on. We watch the sun finish setting and I turn to look at her. I notice scars covering her forearms from top to bottom. I turn away and look down at the sand.

That's why she was hesitant to change... oh Lapis...
Why do you do that.. how does she not see how beautiful she is..

"You think I'm crazy don't you." She says suddenly in a cold voice.

She saw me looking..I quickly turn to her "No! Of course not! I think you're awesome...I'm just wondering why?"

"So many reasons..." she looks down at her arm and traces the lines with her fingers "because I'm sad, because I've been through some shit and it hurts, because I don't like myself, because I feel alone even when I'm not..."

I cut her off by grabbing her hand and pulling her arm towards me. My heart pounds as I lift her arm to my face and gently kiss her skin as if to make it all better. " You don't have to be alone Lapis. Everybody hurts inside sometimes but you can get past it one day. I'm here for you girl" I say laughing at the last comment to lighten the tone.

The blue haired girl smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you"

-SUMMARY FOR THOSE WHO SKIPPED-
Lapis and Peridot hang out on the beach all day and go swimming. Lapis is self conscious and the night ends in an emotional conversation and hugs :)