Here's Hoping

Buzz Buzz

I pull my phone out to see who it is.

Sibling- hey dork you wanna eat lunch here or go somewhere?

Me- idk dude up to you

Sibling- ight then let's eat here i'm lazy :P meet u outside the caf

Me- mkay

I push through the halls toward the cafeteria. Jasper is standing outside the doors waiting on me. Inside is chaos. I'm hardly able to hear myself think. We get our food and find an open table.

"So I met these guys and they seem pretty cool I guess. They invited me to go to a concert this weekend." Jasper says in between bites of food.

"Sweet. I haven't really talked to anyone yet... There was this one girl but we only talked for a second so.." I say thinking back to the girl in art.

"Yo P-dot! Whassup?" Amy says loudly before sitting down with us.

"This the girl?" Jasper asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"Oh uh no this is Amy our neighbor down the street. Amy this is my sister Jasper." I reply laughing a bit.

"Yo." Jasper says before returning to her meal.

"How you like Obsidion so far eh?" Amy asks

"It's alright. Better than my old school." I shoot her a smile and we continue talking and eating until lunch ends.

*Time skip*

I throw my school bag down on my messy bed and head back downstairs for some food. I can't stop thinking about that girl. Her voice, her laugh, the way she smiles. She seems so peaceful.. I really want to talk to her more.

*Lapis' POV*

I pull up to my house and turn the car off, cutting off the song I was listening to. I hum the rest to myself as I walk in, throwing my backpack down by the door.

"Hey you. How was school?" Garnet asks as she walks out of the laundry room.

"Same as last year. Boring." I start towards my room trying to end the conversation there.

"Lapis.. come on now. Nothing good happened today?" She asks following me to my door.

"Well, Ms. Opal actually remembered my name so that's something I guess." I reply as I flop down onto my bed.

Garnet walks in and sits by me. Putting her hand on my shoulder. "It'll get better I promise..and you know i'm always right." she says laughing at her own comment. "I'm gonna go finish laundry. Love you kid."

She walks out closing my door behind her. Here's hoping she's right...Garnet is so sweet to me. She didnt have to take me in but she did anyways and I'm so grateful to her. Mom was...

I don't want to think about that right now.

I grab my speaker and turn it on, blasting my music into the world. I sing along letting the words fill me with emotion. Maybe this year will be better...