Chapter six "Oaths"

I would beseech you to go check out the rewrite of this story, The Grave Keeper, instead of this one.

~<>~<>~

Kyle towered over me At his height of six-four and 220 pounds of bulky muscle. He had good a good foot and 120 pounds on me.

"Glutton," he said, sneering at me.

"Hey, Kyle friendly as ever I see."

I looked at his aura, focusing on the emotions playing across it instead of studying it closely.

I knew what it looked like.

I didn't need that experience again right now.

There was anger in it, but not enough for my purpose.

Kyle threw a punch at my head I sidestepped and started my Taunts.

Come on Kyle why do we have to do this again? Your just going to look like
Dumb thug, and an incompetent one at that!

He glared at me, I could literally see the rage building in his aura like red cloud.

But then He took a deep breath. And calmed slightly.

Not good Kyle was smart and knew how to fight. He was a trained boxer.

He would wipe the floor with me if he's head was cool.

So I did something I had done for years

I started to piss him off.

Hey Kyle remember that time you tried to get me to do your history report for you?

.....

I certainly do! I mean your face when the teacher gave you an F.

it was priceless!

Some people in the crowd chuckled.

I had written the report on the Roman emperors for him. I took glee in writing that Julius Caesar was the man who invented salad dressings.

His face grew red and his fists started to shake.

A little more.

Remember that last time we did this? When you swore I was gonna go back on my word? How did that one end again? I can't seem to recall?

It had ended with him beating me to a bloody pulp.

But I hadn't gone back on my word.

That set him off.

Rushing forward he threw a punch like he was trying to take my head off.

But I had gotten what I wanted, between his shoulders bunching and the flashes in his aura, the punch was predictable as hell.

I slid under his fist and flicked him in the side.

I continued forward and past him.