"A short shift"

I owe everyone an apology for the incredibly long wait. I will have a lot more chapters coming out in the next couple of weeks, I have like 20k words done and I just need to get around to editing them.

Anyway, sorry again for the wait and thank you so much for anyone who's still around.

"That's not how you pronounce that word!" "What do you mean that's not how it's pronounced! It has a P in it!"

"Yes but the P is silent! It's pronounced tarmigan!"

"Your language is stupid!" Larry said, crossing his arms over his chest, sulking.

"Hey, Stop sulking!"

"not sulking!, simply displaying my displeasure!"

I let out a heavy sigh, and started rubbing the heels of my hands into my eyes.

Larry despite his name had an incredibly thick German accent.

He was a German tourist who had died in a car accident a few months ago. He was Wondering about for weeks, until eventually he found himself here.

His last wish was to learn English well enough to be considered "excellent at it" as last requests went it was rather vague, not the vaguest one that I received, but still pretty out there.

From what I gathered his parents named him after an American once saved their life.

Larry had always wanted to travel to America, and to be fair he did.

He also died a week later. His last request was actually two-part. He wanted to master English, and he wanted to see the world.

I could help him with this first one, the second one, ...maybe one day.

"All right Larry, I think that's it for today. You look pretty frustrated, and I need to do some homework."

Larry gave a nod, he stood, stretched, (even though as a ghost he didn't technically need too) and walked through the door.

It'd been two days since the ghost of that mage told me of the coming undead. I hadn't seen anything yet. But everyone in the supernatural community was on high alert.

I wanted to talk to Mrs. blunder. Because if anybody knew what to do about the undead, it be her. But she lived on the other end of town and I haven't found the time to make my way over there.

Rogers was out on one of his expeditions and I hadn't been able to ask him what a revenant was.

I pulled out my math homework.  I stared at the thick textbook and piles of paper work, After about ten seconds I decided that my homework was not going to burst into flame or spontaneously Do itself.  (Although maybe if I got one of the weres to eat it..... NO! This is not the time for a "my dog ate my homework joke)

I had a couple hours before work. Hopefully I get it done in time.

                           ~<>~

Blair did not pull up behind me again. (Which I'd half feared she would.) I didn't really want her mad at me for not asking for a ride again. I knew she would probably take it as an insult to her pride or some other prickly werewolf thing. But she was undoubtedly busy and I was not going to disturb her, or any of the other wolves for a ride.