"A good last meal"

Tam's tiny dinner was the largest restaurant in town and no it wasn't because the other were even more tiny. No the dinner was a two story bustling hub of motion that never lacked customers. And Blair was immediately interested when she smelled the food. (I knew because her stomach started growing when we were still three blocks away.) and the fast service was another key feature that I pondered as we were led to a booth that creaked as I slid into it, Blair doing the same across from me.

The diner smelled of cooking meat and coffee. It was funny how I was willing to spend the time to eat here now that I'm on death row.

As we flicked through the menus I started to talk. "Send a message to your pack. If you or any of them see mist get to the pack house as fast as they can."
Blair's gave me a long look. "Then I'm assuming there not standard zombies."

I nodded. "They're wendigo, a sort of transformed slash possessed person who committed cannibalism. Their nasty. As fast as, or faster than most werewolves, as strong as them to. Nearly immune to damage unless you destroy their heart. And their big, really big like upwards of 15 feet tall and their bodies are so cold that they radiate mist."

"Anything else?" She asked. "What you want more!?"

"No!" She said laughing "I don't want more per say, It's just that doesn't sound that bad, yesterday the emissary sent out a message that the undead were coming, although I already had some procedures running thanks to your early warning." "She also said that she would take care of them, all we have to do is wait it out. There's enough packs and other supernaturals in this town they won't focus too much in one place, aside from the emissary that is. But she'll take care of them." There was an obvious note of respect in Blair's tone.

The emissary is going to take care of them? Dose Mrs. blunder have an official title? Emissary?

"This emissary, she wouldn't happen to be a little old lady would she?"

Blair nodded in confirmation, "you've met her then?"

"I guess, although I don't know anything about the whole emissary title. to me she just Mrs. blunder. So what is she in emissary for? The mage clans?"

"You don't know who she is?" I shook my head in annoyance. "Obviously not!"

"I'm not gonna tell you then. If she hasn't then it's not my place." The angry question that was coming was stopped right in its tracks. Not her place? Those were not words you heard from an alpha often. I bumped Mrs. blunder up a few notches in the list of people I really didn't want too piss off.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes after that. Just reading our menus. When the time to order came I got a massive burger with a heaping side of fries. It was another couple minutes of slightly awkward silence before our food came. My burger with its steaming pile of fries looked like the best thing I'd ever seen (it must've looked comical next to me, a little wiry guy with a burger the size of his head.) Despite the size of my meal Blair put it to shame. She had ordered two burgers (one of them with bacon) biscuits and gravy And a side of eggs. The waiter gave her some odd looks while setting down the feast. But I didn't pay them any attention as I took my first bite, it was glorious. I had never eaten here before. I've mentioned before my foster parents food policy, and I'd never had the money to eat out aside from dirt cheap fast food restaurants.

Before I had taken three bites of my burger Blair had finished hers.

Damn she could eat! Which wasn't exactly surprising considering she was a werewolf. They burn more calories than humans but I wasn't exactly sure how much more. All of that strength and healing has to come from somewhere, although a lot of it came from magic.