"A Sticky situation"

Something moved through the forest. It was huge. It was cold. And it was hungry. It's lesser brothers fled before it. They had almost no consciousness at all, there will was weak. They were Forced to band together and form packs to find food. Not this one. It was true that it was not the smartest But it didn't need to be. It recognized the danger that the old one presented. She meant death for the creature. She was so tempting though, So much food, so much power. But one of the lessons this creature had learned in its long life was that power didn't do you any good if you died obtaining it. There was another one here, and it was close by. A mere flickering candle flame compared to the raging bonfire that the old one possessed. The creature had not even sensed it at first. Something had changed though and it had popped up in its awareness, as if out of thin air. this one was weekly guarded. The creature would still have a feast tonight.

My eyes snapped open. And For a brief moment I panicked, there was something heavy rested atop me. A great beast coming through the forest. It came to devour me! The panic only lasted for a moment however, I could recognize the the aura.

Blair was sprawled atop me. One leg twitching slightly. The other somehow undermine. Her entire torso was draped across me as if she was trying to imitate a blanket.

She was obviously still sleeping, her twitching leg reminded me of a dog chasing something in a dream.

I had retreated to the pile of blankets after Blair had decided not to kill me. She had alternated between pacing around the room and coming to sit near me. Well, she also tried to get me to fight her at one point But once she realized that I did not want to play wrestle with somebody who could twist me into a pretzel. She gave up on the idea.

She must've followed me over to the nest at some point, and had promptly fallen asleep.

And she just had to do it on top of me. No wonder I'd had a couple of nightmares about dying from lack of air. Out in the distance. still a ways away in the forest I felt the presence. It was Bigger, somehow more realized than the others, and it was coming closer. I searched around for Blair's head, intending to shake her awake. Turned out that it was on my shoulder. I shook her a few times... nothing. "BLAIR WAKE UP!" I gave her a hard shake as I yelled. Her head snapped up to face me, her eyes open (and still quite red) I slowly drew in another labored breath.

"Get off me, I swear you weigh a ton," I hadn't been completely sure how much she understood before. She was obviously still intelligent even if her mind was mostly Wolf. But I wasn't sure how much English she could comprehend. But when her only response was to give me a wolf's grin and rest even more of her weight down I was quite certain she knew exactly what I had said. I let out a half breath. "Very funny, but something's coming. Something big." Blair cocked her head to the side. I recognize that she was listening for something, whatever she heard she didn't like, as she immediately jumped off me, pulling me to my feet as she did.

I strained my hearing to see if I could pick up what she had. I didn't get anything. Then I realized that was just it. It wasn't that I couldn't hear some distant sound, I couldn't hear anything! There were no bellows. No cries of hunger. The forest was silent.

There was nothing for a couple of minutes. We just stood there, waiting. Then at the very edges of my awareness, I felt something brush against them. It was only then that I realized my aura was still filling the room. It seemed that my sense is extended further out when my aura was extended. I was so used to having it contained as to be almost inside of me that I was totally on used to the way my magic functioned.