"spooky"

I would request you to go check out the rewrite of this story, The Grave Keeper, instead of this one.

~<>~<>~

The next three days went by uneventfully for the most part.

I already had a box of ibuprofen. So my injuries didn't pose a problem aside from making my face resemble a raccoon. What With my double black  eye and all.

What did prove eventful was that all of alpha Northwood's pack slowly grew increasingly tense as the full moon drew closer. That in itself was not odd. What was odd however was that none of the other packs where even a fraction as tense.

From what I could figure there where five new packs in town.

I had no idea why so many packs moved in at the same time, it was incredibly unusual to say the least.

But from what I had seen the Northwood pack was one of the strongest amongst the new comers.

them being more on edge then the others didn't add up.

At least not till I considered that pressure from the mansion. I had felt it several more times from my cabin, which was at least two miles away so it must be hitting the wolves hard!

and Werewolves where (not surprisingly) very big on control. Not because they had to worry about losing control and biting someone thus turning them into a werewolf. That doesn't actually happen you can't become a werewolf. You're ether born one or your not one.

No they have to worry about losing control and tearing someone apart in the middle of the street.

So with whatever was in the mansion and a full moon tonight, they where pretty tense.

That's why it didn't come as too much of a surprise when Someone come nocking on my door about an hour after school.

I got up and went to the door. I didn't bother asking who's there. I recognize the aura.

"Good afternoon alpha Northwood what brings you to my humble abode?"

Her response was to narrow her eyes at me. Evidently she didn't appreciate the sarcasm.

Surprisingly she didn't growl or anything of that nature. Instead she ground her teeth and said in a tone that implied  she would rather be cleaning toilets instead. 

"I have a job for you."

Using my extraordinary powers of dedication I guessed this just might have something to do with that presence in the mansion.

Before she could muster herself to say more I held up a hand. "Being as your here I'm going to assume some things."
"First off I'm guessing that whatever is in the mansion is Spooky in nature otherwise you would've already killed or been killed by it."

"Second you want it done before tonight."

Her expression grew even darker after I interrupted her.

"And I'm also guessing your angry but I could be wrong, I mean you always have that expression."

The whole time I kept my tone Curious, innocent.