chapter 19

I kicked a stray pebble aside as I walked to school. I was tired, dead tired. I had spent most of Sunday trying to find a bear to feed, Yes, bear as in the large predator that I needed to find and feed, All For A lady who had a slightly unhealthy animal obsession. her wish was to "feed one of those cute fluffy beasts!"

The woman had been in her fiftys and died of a heart attack when she got bit by a snake she had been keeping as a pet.

I had found a black bear in the woods. And while I was still a hundred feet back, put a bag of burgers down in the dirt, and left as quickly as I could. I had seen the big guy checking out the bag before I was fifty feet away.

She was overjoyed and had moved on with a smile on her face.

I felt a little better after that. I wish I had more memories like that, not ones lik- Before I could finish that thought, (and the memorys it would have brought up.) I was started by the honk of a horn.

I jumped, then turned and saw Blairs car.

I waved a greeting in return and then started walking again.

"No! Dumbass, I was saying get in the car!" She pulled up next to me as she spoke.

I thought about arguing for a moment but I couldnt think of a reason too. So I climbed in the passenger seat.

There was no one else in the car. Every one else in her pack had a car, or another pack member to carpool with.

"Thanks, Im not used to driving to school."

"I told you, just ask!"

I gave a shrug. "Old habits."

We drove in a comfortable silence for the next couple of minutes. But then a thought struck me!

"Crap our history report!"

"Don't worry about it." Blair cut in calming my panic. "We get an extra week to work on it cause you where "sick"."

"Oh thank god."

Blair let out a deep, rolling laugh.

"You handled a possession without pausing, but the thought of failing a history assignment fills you with dread!?"

"I know how to handle ghosts." I defended "Ghosts make sense! The same thing cant be said when it comes to our history teacher."

Blair gave me an incredulous look. Which made me nervous as we where going really fast.

At least by my standards, but I had barley ever ridden in a car growing up so I was always somewhat...cautious of them.

"Ghosts make sense? You are one weird dude."

"Thats coming from a werewolf." I pointed out.

She waved that off as if it were beneath her noticed.

"Bah, thats not that weird. I can change my shape and have superhuman physical abilities."

"Yeah not weird at all."

She eyed me. "You know I might smack you for your snark."