"A payment due"

I would inquire that you go check out the rewrite of this story, The Grave Keeper, instead of this one.

~<>~<>~

I followed alpha Northwood out of the mansions front door. Beams of sunlight poking through the trees, painting the yard black and gold.

The sight comforted me after the things I had been forced to re-live, I repressed a shudder as some of the memories flashed by my mind.

It was nice to feel the sun on your skin, a light breeze rattling the leaves and bruising past you. It reminded you that being alive was a good thing.

I looked up from the tapestry of shadow trees rippling across the yard to alpha Northwood.

She was starring at me an expression on her face that I couldn't quite place. A glance at her aura showed me that she wasn't angry so that was good. Ether way I think it's time I went home.

"Well um...I'm glad I could help you bye."

With that I started down the road, I doubt she'll take my leavening as an insult, and frankly I'm to tiered to care if she dose.

"Why?"

I stopped and turned "huh?"

"Aren't you going to demand payment!?" She sounded suspicious, like she just couldn't buy that I didn't ask for anything.

"I helped some people and let a soul who was in pain rest. I don't need payment for that."

"Your lying! Humans aren't that altruistic! Your greedy an"  I cut in sharply. I'd had enough of this.  "Fine!" "I want three things in payment." She looked smug, she really did have a low opinion of humans. She seamed genuinely bothered at the thought that I didn't want anything from her.

"I want a apology, an explanation, and a name."

"What?"

"You heard me that's my price for helping. An apology, an explanation, and a name."

"I'm not sorry I roughed you up some."

"What? No I don't care about that. You ripped my shirt!" I said well pointing at my shirt that I had sewn back together.

She looked utterly baffled.

"Your not mad at getting beat up...instead your mad that I tore your shirt?"

"Yes. Now are you going to pay me or not?"

She looked like she had bitten a lemon.

"I'm....sorry for ripping your shirt."

I nodded.

"An explanation." "Why are you such a jerk?"

She stiffened. "What!" "You heard me." "you've been rude and violent sense I first saw you." "I'd like to know why."

She starred at me for maybe thirty seconds before she answered. "How do you know I'm not just bad person?" "Why do you need a reason?" I chuckled. "No; your not a bad person." "That's why I'm curious if you where just naturally an ass i wouldn't ask."

She adopted another look of confusion. (What can I say, It's a gift.)

Finally she just sighed. "Fine, I owe you for a services rendered." "My instincts are strong, abnormally so." "It makes me even more aggressive then your average alpha." I nodded again.

"The last is a trade not a payment."

I extended my hand.  She looked at it for a moment, perplexed.

"If where going to be living this close to each other it's going to be easier on both of us if where on friendly, or at least neutral terms." 

Slowly her expression changed from surprised confusion. To a surprised smile. It was the first time I'd seen her smile. She was good at it.

She reached out and shook my hand, her grip firm but not crushing.

"Blair." "Blair Tyra Northwood."

I smiled back. "Alder."

We stepped back from each other. both of us nodding to the other.

She turned first and waived a hand as she did. "See you around."  "See you around." I Echoed.

That had gone better than expected.

Authors note.

sorry for the short chapter I wanted to get it out quick