Chapter 4

It was now night. We jumped out the window and landed on the ground at the same time. I could never get used to the rush that gives me. It was amazing. Watching the ground come up to you, feeling as though you are flying.

"Now, what are your favorites? Men? Women? Children?"

"This is going to sound weird, but I prefer men." I told him.

"Why would that sound weird?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because, most vamps go for the women. Something about the damsel in distress or some of that nonsense. Men always put up a fight, and I like that!" I winked. He gulped and, still holding my hand, took of. I had to run to keep up, but he stopped in front of a house. I didn't recognize it.

"You can get the boy. He is Elena's brother, Jeremy. I'm sure you'll like him. He might not put much of a fight though, he is a druggy."

I shook my head. "Not good enough. He doesn't even smell good. They have to smell good or they might as well be a deer." I wrinkled my nose in disgust. He rolled his eyes and led me to another house.

"How about this one?"

"Who is he?"

"Tyler Smallwood. A little punk that needs to be taught a lesson." Damon said in a growl. I smiled.

"He should be perfect." I jumped from the curb and landed right on his window ledge. I looked back to see Damon on the curb, staring at me.

"Are you coming, or not? Who knows, maybe I'll share."

Damon came then. He had to jump on the tree and up. I whispered, "Ametur." under my breath, but I think he heard.

"I heard that!" he said. I just giggled.

I tapped the glass. "Tyler. Tyler wake up!" I commanded, using Power.

He stirred. "Tyler! Tyler! Open the window!" Damon said.

"That works, too." I said, in a sigh, "Tyler Smallwood, if you don't open this God damned window when I count to ten. . !" I let the sentence trail and Damon shuddered, thinking about what could happen.

Tyler rolled out of bed and fell on the floor. "Stupid human!" I laughed. Tyler glanced at the window. He walked over and opened it. "Tyler, invite me in. Invite me and Damon in."

"Come in. Damon, come in!" he said, in my trance.

I lept through, I threw him to Damon. "You first. You showed him to me. Let's watch him squirm." I giggled and Damon's eyes lit up like he just saw Santa Claus. I rolled my eyes.

Damon looked into Tyler's eyes and then bit. There was a garbled up scream in his throat. I was just laughing. Damon let go and handed him to me.

"You know, Damon. You shouldn't have used your powers, they don't put up a fight."

I bit down, not even glancing at him. I raised a hand to his mouth to contain his scream. He was trying to scream like a little baby. I started sucking the sweet blood into my mouth. He was using his hands and legs to pry me off of him, but I was stronger, and he was no match for me.

I let go. "That's more like it!" I said, looking at Damon. He was smiling, in awe, by his eyes. I turned back to Tyler. "Tyler, you were in bed and you saw a white owl in your window. You opened the window and it attacked you. Me and Damon were never here."

He went into a trance. "I was in bed and there was an owl. It attacks me. I never saw you or Damon."

I smile. I throw him on the bed and jump out the window. Damon was out before me.

"I am going to have to try that more often. That looked fun," he smiled.

I smiled back. "When you get them racing, their heart pumps faster, they give you more blood. Just a few tricks I learned over the years." I said waving my hand like it was no big deal.

We ran back to the boardinghouse in silence. I heard a human heart beat that wasn't Mrs. Flowers that was in the house.

"Who?" I asked Damon.

"Elena, Stefan's girlfriend." Damon said, sounding exhausted.

"I take it she picks him over you?" I said looking at him. I don't know where I got that from, but it looked like it was right.

"How do you know all this stuff?" He said, looking at me like I was God.

"I don't know. I think it was the way you talk about her. It's hatred and disrespect but also caring and devotion. You care about her, but she thinks your some cold-blooded monster, like I heard about." I smiled.

He nodded. "She just resists me! ME? No one resists Damon Salvatore."

"So, when you do get her, what are you going to do? Kill her?"

"I'm not going to get her. I give up. Stefan can have her. She is just some random human that captures one of our kinds hearts than tears it out."

"What made you change your mind about her?" I said, caring that he was hurting.

"Well, she looks just like Katherine. Exactly like her. Her temperment is different, but she is an Ice Queen, that's for sure. I think it was what you told me, about Katherine. It made me veiw the world differently than I did when I still loved Katherine. Stefan still doesn't believe that Katherine is alive. He is probably exstatic right now. Also worried for the human."

"You know, you and I have at least one thing in common."

"And what would that be? Besides you are a vampire, you like to watch your meal squirm, and you think animals are gross."

"We both had our hearts ripped out and we were both thrown to the curb by that heartbreaker."

"Who broke your heart?" Damon asked, concern and hatred filled his voice.

"One of those sparkly ones I was talking about. I may have used a little influence on them, but they like me, and then deep down, they didn't. On some random day I called my birthday, I got a papercut in front of them. Let's just say one of his brothers, the psychic's husband, tried to suck all my blood. A few days after that, Edward left me in the woods. He said he didn't love me. And that I wasn't good enough for him, but he didn't know that I could kick his ass all the way to Pluto and back before he could win a fight." I giggled. "But, I'm over him. I don't need him. I am living in the present and that is what I think of it as. It is a present."

"I guess you could look at it that way." Damon said, off into space.

"Do you want to go to space?" Damon looked at me startled. "Then don't get on my bad side." I said, running into the bording house. I giggled as I felt arms close around my back.

"And who might be my knight in shining armor that as caught me from running to my dreadful room, that could kill me at any moment?" I said, flirtacious, but sarcastic.

"Me!" Damon said, and placed a kiss on my lips, but kissing harder than I thought he would have.